2009 Nissan Titan Ext. Cab 4 12 in. Havocs on 7k. 152+ db

He wants it to be 150 dbs across the board. I don't doubt his skill so we will see what happens. His no wall is insane for what it is

Will is good builder without a doubt. I don't doubt his skill either. I just can't wait for you to get built and see how it goes. Paper and application are two different monsters.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Too much deadener can hurt you? Please enlighten this noob? PM if need be or share link to thread. Sorry, I am newb

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Too much deadener can hurt you? Please enlighten this noob? PM if need be or share link to thread. Sorry, I am newb

karkov i believe tonasty means if your competing, im pretty sure more deadner wont hurt sounding wise...

cant recall correctly but sometimes deadened hurts if your after numbers no sure how or why... but the Member Alpine here, when he was a die hard competitor would do alot of testing and tuning to gain in the meter, and when he added deader his score dropped .10 DB so he removed it and went back up .10 DB... its pretty much a trial and error thing

karkov i believe tonasty means if your competing, im pretty sure more deadner wont hurt sounding wise...

cant recall correctly but sometimes deadened hurts if your after numbers no sure how or why... but the Member Alpine here, when he was a die hard competitor would do alot of testing and tuning to gain in the meter, and when he added deader his score dropped .10 DB so he removed it and went back up .10 DB... its pretty much a trial and error thing

Personally I'd rather have stronger panels than worry about a tenth of a db loss

It can change and/or lower the cabin gain and peak. Mostly due to energy being converted to heat. Someone explained to me like knock on a door panel without deadener, then after. Not only has the pitch changed, but also the loudness. You get some loudness from energy of resonating panels. I don't know if he is full of crap or not, but I have seen the effects of adding and deleting deadener on the meter. To the ear I've never heard a loudness difference other than less stuff sounding like it was about to fly off the truck lol.

• 1 month later...

CLEAN_AF.jpg
adult image sharing

VIBRAFLExin.jpg
image hosting

Put 2 layers of vibraflex in the roof to finish off the package. Put a layer of ccf over it too but I don't have a picture of that.

Light console in the middle cracked some from dry rotting when we took the headliner out, but other than that no problems with getting it back in with 1/3 inch of material under it.

Roof hardly flexes, each hour it becomes more rigid from cooling down and curing.

Archived