Voltage still dropping after Mechman alt installed

So I just installed my new 370 amp Mechman alternator and for some reason my voltage is still dropping. My current setup only runs maybe 1300-1400 watts RMS so I'm wondering why this is still an issue. Everything is wired properly per mechman specs with a big 3 1/0 kit. During a big bass hit the lights still dim and the voltage drops from 14.5 to about 13.7, this has me worried because the system I am putting in over the next couple weeks will be running 8000-9000 watts rms (yes it will have a battery bank). Basically what I'm asking is why would my voltage be dropping at that little of power with this big of an alternator?

you will always have drop no matter how many alts you have.. your lights will always deem as well

your equipment drains power faster than what the alternator can supply it. it takes little less than a second for the alt to put up the amperage needed.. even with 3 alternator and 2000 watts you will get that voltage drop for a second.. 13.7 is not low either its actually good.. do you have other batteries?

Battery is kinda like a bucket of water. If the bucket is full you have to pour some out before you can put more in. This is my opinion. Headlights dimming can come from a .1 drop I'm told.

Still learning but have started gathering.

you will definitely dip into the low 12's when you upgrade to the 8-9 k rms.. you need 2 370a alternators for that power and 5 to 6 group 31 batteries

you will always have drop no matter how many alts you have.. your lights will always deem as well

your equipment drains power faster than what the alternator can supply it. it takes little less than a second for the alt to put up the amperage needed.. even with 3 alternator and 2000 watts you will get that voltage drop for a second.. 13.7 is not low either its actually good.. do you have other batteries?

As of right now no, only the under hood battery, when i get the new system in tho i will have 4 XS Power D1200's. And that makes sense to me now, I guess I was thinking that it would put out enough constant charge power to compensate for that, but then again i'm new to the whole big system thing so i still have a lot to learn, thanks for the input tho guys, makes me feel like i didn't drop all that money for nothing lol.

clipping amp will use excess voltage.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

you will definitely dip into the low 12's when you upgrade to the 8-9 k rms.. you need 2 370a alternators for that power and 5 to 6 group 31 batteries

I've been meaning to ask about that as well, XS Power says that the D1200's are good for up to 3000 watts, so 4 of them would be 12k, right? but since i've gotten them it seems like all the builds in the same power range as mine are running double or triple what i'll be running, is XS full of shit or what's going on there?

Archived