Voltage still dropping after Mechman alt installed

let me ask you this, where you revving the vehicle? 2k rmp? those 370 alts dont put out alot amperage at idle ruffly around 200 amps, soo 1600 watt is around 160 amp pull + vehicle needs another 50 amps... so sounds about right.

i doubt the amp is pulling that much.. 100a at most on music

honestly he shouldnt get any drop and if he does it should recover very quickly.. the amp might have the gain way up that its clipping

let me ask you this, where you revving the vehicle? 2k rmp? those 370 alts dont put out alot amperage at idle ruffly around 200 amps, soo 1600 watt is around 160 amp pull + vehicle needs another 50 amps... so sounds about right.

honestly he shouldnt get any drop and if he does it should recover very quickly.. the amp might have the gain way up that its clipping

yup my point exactly... looks like he might have to some homework... i mean shit if i had a 370 alt and i was dropping below 14v on a small set up i would be pretty upset..

I agree with this. It's not pulling 160A on its best day.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So this escalated quickly lol, sorry been wrapped up for a bit, but the lights were dimming at cruising speed, about 1200-1300 rpm, and i know the alt doesn't put out full power until around 1800. anyway i'll be putting the new setup in with the 4 batteries i have at the moment and add more as i go, ran way over budget on this build and have to make due. I know that it's dangerous to run below 12 volts and that's why i'll be running my amps tuned WAY down until i have a bank to back it up. I'm willing to sacrifice a few db's to be safe and save me from frying things.

Archived