Mechman 370a installed and Big 3-Highlights and Interior dimming/voltage drop badly

This is why on these trucks you really don't do the big 3. The hole for the ground is only so big. What you can do is remove the stock ground and add a bigger ground from the battery through the sensor to the alt bracket. You will charge high until it learns but that should only take an hour

Okay will do ToNasty! Thanks for all your help man I just have trouble understanding your explanations sometimes unless you really elaborate like you just did because I am such a newb lol.

Will the truck be okay like it is until later this week when I take it into the shop to have it fixed? I ordered the xs3400 with the side post adapters like you mentioned so I plan on having them do both at the same time.

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

This is a good example of why the biggest alt you can fit isn't always the best answer. With only a t1500 you could have easily gotten away with a smaller alt and got a hairpin. Wouldn't help the charging issue with the ground sensor thingy though. But a smaller hairpin would tie you much more daily useable current/voltage.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

This is a good example of why the biggest alt you can fit isn't always the best answer. With only a t1500 you could have easily gotten away with a smaller alt and got a hairpin. Wouldn't help the charging issue with the ground sensor thingy though. But a smaller hairpin would tie you much more daily useable current/voltage.

I agree. I'll be running a single 270 hairpin for my m4a for now because better idle

ToNasty-that would be great if you could send me a pic.

MrskippyJ- I don't plan on staying with 1 t1500 though. I plan on running 2 t2500s and 2 18 sp4s here very soon.

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

But even then I would argue a 270amp hairpin would be better than a regular 370amp alt. Sometimes it's about picking the right type of alt rather than just looking at the numbers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

This is why on these trucks you really don't do the big 3. The hole for the ground is only so big. What you can do is remove the stock ground and add a bigger ground from the battery through the sensor to the alt bracket. You will charge high until it learns but that should only take an hour

From the sound of it the Big 3 don't play nice on our trucks if it don't run through the battery sensor. Am I to understand if you remove the existing battery to alt bracket ground and replace with 1/0 wire from the big 3 that this should rectify the problem until the re-learn is complete?

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Archived