Second Skin Audio

Net volume for 4 Fi Team 15s

magillaru

I've spoken to a few of you through PMs already regarding this design. You know who you are and I appreciate the help.

Originally, I was planning on around 3.5 cube per sub due to the power I'm planning on running.

What would be the max net volume I could get away with without losing cone control or having issues with unloading running 5-6k per sub.

Thanks in advance!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

you're going to want 3.5-4 and no bigger

what ever amp you choose make sure you are going to be able to deliver about 4k to each sub.. anything less and you might as well go with a sp4

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I think 3.5 will be a bit small for a 15", even at that power. Depends on the response you would like to get and what is the frequency that you want max spl at.

The benefits of a smaller low tuned enclosure are that you have better frequency range and that the cone control is better at higher frequencies.
On lower than tuning frequencies the control is similar, because below tuning you're basically playing free air.
The negative side is that cone excursion at and around tuning will be less, so it won't be that louder on those frequencies and will get hotter because there is less impedance rise (more power) and less cone movement to cool off the coil.

The benefits of a bigger low tuned enclosure are thermal power handling at and around tuning, will play louder near tuning and you can use a shorter port.
Negative side is that you will have a narrower bandwidth (loss of higher freq's). The less cone control above tuning can be compensated with a proper LPF adjustment.

Probably you will be good with 4 - 4.2 cu.ft.

That's my opinion, based on my experience with other subs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

what ever amp you choose make sure you are going to be able to deliver about 4k to each sub.. anything less and you might as well go with a sp4

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm trying to do a center port (walled at b-pillar) without having to bend the port and get the low tuning I want (low 30s).

Oh, I know these things can take some power and that's exactly what I'm planning on doing, which is why I'm really tempted to do four 750.1s :)

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

I think 3.5 will be a bit small for a 15", even at that power. Depends on the response you would like to get and what is the frequency that you want max spl at.

The benefits of a smaller low tuned enclosure are that you have better frequency range and that the cone control is better at higher frequencies.

On lower than tuning frequencies the control is similar, because below tuning you're basically playing free air.

The negative side is that cone excursion at and around tuning will be less, so it won't be that louder on those frequencies and will get hotter because there is less impedance rise (more power) and less cone movement to cool off the coil.

The benefits of a bigger low tuned enclosure are thermal power handling at and around tuning, will play louder near tuning and you can use a shorter port.

Negative side is that you will have a narrower bandwidth (loss of higher freq's). The less cone control above tuning can be compensated with a proper LPF adjustment.

Probably you will be good with 4 - 4.2 cu.ft.

That's my opinion, based on my experience with other subs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is exactly why I'm having this problem. This is going to be a daily musical setup that will be able to demo for hours (or at least that's the plan). It will see the meter but not competing, just to see what it can do.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

I would listen to this guy... He knows a thing or 2 about the teams.. Just sayin.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived