Hmmmm. I had a thought. Does anyone know of a high heat filler like bondo or something? Gonna google it and see what I come up with.

Quick steel may work but idk how good it would sand down.

Thanks buddy. I'm actually in autozone parking lot to pick some up. Good thing I have a grinder.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Well I picked up some quick steel extreme and a 80 grit tiger disc. Also picked up some rust dissolver because I didn't want to leave the rust in the pits. I got the major sanding done and will get the Dremel out in the morning to do all the work around the handles and hinges.

Can't you rent a sandblaster from Home Depot or somewhere?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Well guess I'll be making a trip to Texas to steal your grill.

I'll wait till you get it finished and looking pretty though.

One of these days I'll build myself a monster sized smoker.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well I slept in pretty late this morning. When I got up and went outside the humidity over night did a number on the pot. So I started getting all that surface rust up and getting a decent profile on it.

20151111_125107_zpsiswsv8hp.jpg

As I was grinding I noticed it's starting to cloud up pretty good and look like it's going to rain. Then something happened that made me do this and decide to just go fishing.20151111_130109_zps0txqe9p3.jpg

This is what happened and I'll just let the picture do the talking. Yes I KNOW.20151111_125130_zpsehogysnp.jpg

Well back at it this morning. The quick steel wasn't working so well so the body work is out. The pit is sitting in a bath of rust dissolver right now and I'm fixing to head to the store to get the paint. Gonna wash it down with acetone and spray her out. Should have pics up this evening.

Yeah. I looked for some rental stuff but couldn't find any. I don't have a big enough compressor so I had to work with what I have. It would have been nicer but this will achieve what I'm trying to do which is save it from rusting to the ground.

Archived