are these grounds sufficient for the big 3

I have zero ohms on every ground to properly check I measure from the spot I'm grounding to,to the opposite side of the wire or the other grounding spot

No that measures how much resistance is over the wire. You measure the resistance from a certain point (strut tower) and a known good ground (battery negative). The resistance you measure is how much resistance is in the frame from point A to B (how good of a ground it really is). If you just measure from one end of a wire to another it doesn't mean much in terms of ground quality. So unhook your ground cable and measure from that point to the battery negative

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

So I remeasured my ohms and got way over .5 ohms,I put the factory ground back and ran a ground to the alt bracket, sanded both ends of the black bar,top and bottom,it goes from the alt bracket to the top of the motor,that's as far as I've got still need to have another ground but can't decide where to put it,I redid the sky high terminals,and fuse holder connection and its much better, as for the crimp,probably not the best but feels tight no wiggle.

Dude, i know how your feel about crimping bigger wire without the right tools. Its how i did it before i bought this gem for $99. They have crimpers on amazon and ebay for around $40 that work well to.

Crimperampwire2014002_zpsc516b944.jpg

SHCAwireupgrade2014001_zps9f78295c.jpg

A crimp like this is priceless to me now. I will never go back to the old ways after owning this tool.

SHCAwireupgrade2014002_zpsbbb728da.jpg

It also helped my electrical system.

That would be a great tool to have

Yep...Thats why i got one. Worth every penny to make sure i have good connections. Check into them, super cheat and then i have it for future builds or upgrades.

Archived