Second Skin Audio

Let's talk subs for 2000 watts

SCATHED

Magic box if you have the time and patience to get one right. And in a single cab, it's reallly not worth it in all honesty. A nice solid built enclosure for 1 12 is just about top notch of what you are going to pull out with best.

Say you go with a Q 12. 2.5 cubes is a bit large for that woofer at 2k watts. 2.0 cubes flat, 1 6 inch aero ported into the b Pillar, would be very nice.

The SPL thing is a hard to judge without just doing it. Really no way to get crazy loud in a single cab without cutting that backwall...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

And if you're gonna do a tline for 2 8s why not do one for 1 Fi 12" and tune it to the subs fs?

Because I already have a 2.5 cubic foot wedge box on hand. Was only going to shell out the extra money to build a t-line if it was worth it. But if I already have an awesome box for a single 12, I might as well save the money if I can

Idk but you could do a 10 or 12 in a 4th and it would be more musical. I know a guy that went from two sa 12s in a box that was small for them to 1 sa 12 in a box designed for the sub and h said he only like a little over 1 db on his peak but it was better on music than his 2.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

I wouldn't bother with a t-line. A single 12 is your best bet.

No way to know for sure how much output you will lose until you try it but if I were to make a guess I'd figure you will lose around 2-3 db.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 sa 12s'....

Quality post right here...

That's what I'm running right now and don't have any leg room. Hence the reason why I made this thread lol

oh... then id do 2 sa 12's

so your running a 12'' driver, dont have leg room, and ask about 4 other 12" drivers?

Archived