Jump to content

What's the oldest you would consider having kids at?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wow, a lot younger than I expected for you guys. I am 34, have 1 kid, wanted more, am not in a position currently to have more (woman troubles) so I know I am definitely running out of time, kind of sucks but it is what it is I guess. With only 1 life to live I sure wish I would have lived my first 34 years differently. Thanks for the replies. =)

side note: yea, I work with people who are the same age and their kids go to school with the other ones grand kids, just depends how your life works out, have em late or have em young.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

It all works different for everyone. Hell my sister is 50 and she has teenagers. I turned 40 this year and my son is 18. Unfortunately for me my son when to live with his mom at 14 so I missed the really good years because she lived out of state. It just about killed me but such is life and the choices we make. At least I got him for the first 14.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide


Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Posted

It all works different for everyone. Hell my sister is 50 and she has teenagers. I turned 40 this year and my son is 18. Unfortunately for me my son when to live with his mom at 14 so I missed the really good years because she lived out of state. It just about killed me but such is life and the choices we make. At least I got him for the first 14.

Yup, every situation is very unique.

That sounds like the opposite the norm, usually the younger years are with mom and the older years are with dad...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

I was lucky to get him out of a bad situation when he was little, and when he became a teenager with my new wife and rules and all that, the grass was greener. It was really a bummer to me because these were the years I was really looking forward to building his ride and doing guy shit ya know.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide


Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Posted

sounds like maybe the new wife had to go if she put that wedge between you and your son and severed what might never come undone. =(

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

22 would not go past that age. When I was in my 40's I was enjoying not having a kid around much. Loved it. The earlier the better.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

22 would not go past that age. When I was in my 40's I was enjoying not having a kid around much. Loved it. The earlier the better.

As in don't have them after 22?!?!?! wow. LOL

I knew/figured the results would be all over the place but I never thought I would be the only one 34+ and still thinking about wanting more kids. Turns out I am on the high side of the age thingy, haha

Interesting.

REALLY appreciate the feedback gentlemen!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

None yet, I'm 23, wife and I plan on having 5 or 6 kids so probably have them up to like 35

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Posted

Had my daughter when I was 25 and my girl was 19,

We won't be having another.

Looking forward to having my kid grown and in college by the time I'm 43.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Had my daughter when I was 25 and my girl was 19,

We won't be having another.

Looking forward to having my kid grown and in college by the time I'm 43.

My Daughter had friends when she was in High School whos parents were in there late 50's. Then there was me young and fit and Coached soccer for 12 years running around on a field in my 20's and 30's not huffing and passing out! No other way earlier the better!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 511 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...