Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Competition subwoofers?


King.Chus

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 98 durango was wanting to start a build to go to competitions with and I was looking at the Orion hcca 15.4s. My question is if they are as good a sub as they say to use or if there is something better at that price with that amount of flex or more?

Posted

Determine the space you have to work with then decide on subs.

You can most certainly get better than those subs though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Determine the space you have to work with then decide on subs.

You can most certainly get better than those subs though.

This.

And, what "type" or "discipline" of competition. Burp? musical runs? averages? lows? Power limit?

I would also suggest you look around, and read up all you can on this forum for a few weeks.

That said, welcome. :hi:

Posted

I am not sure on what type of competition honestly I have never done anything more than the competitions thru the college I went to when I was only running 2000 watts.

When you say space are you talking what would be occupied by the box itself or the entire space of the vehicle?

Posted

I am not sure on what type of competition honestly I have never done anything more than the competitions thru the college I went to when I was only running 2000 watts.

When you say space are you talking what would be occupied by the box itself or the entire space of the vehicle?

The space that you can fit your box... The max dimensions.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

Posted

The max space you will have to work with for the enclosure after accounting for amp and battery placement and all the other stuff you'll need room for.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Id stay away from those orion woofers.

I just built a box for a 10inch.
Only good thing is it seems they want no room at all for a box so if space was an issue it might be a pro.

I see the box size as a con due to their woofers wanting small boxes Id assume that its due to them not taking power well even though they are "2000watt rms" woofers.
So either their suspension setup is garbage or the coil just cant take the power well, or both possibly.

Their box specs want little to no port area, something like 4 square inches total for a 10inch box. And then they said the woofer must be facing up or down in the manual which is goofy and strange as all hell.

To me it just seemed like a garbage woofer...

 

 

Posted

Maybe competing isn't for you

like I said I want to start going to competitions. Just because I don't know something doesnt mean it isnt for me. I have always admired the sound systems i see on youtube and at car shows and seeing them do hair tricks and break windshields. I want to be a part of that. I guess maybe I should ask what's the best one for a NOOB to go to?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...