battery or alt?

I have 2 under the hood batts, both standard starting batts. Full 0 gauge upgrades and run to the back. Alpine mrx m100 @ 2 ohms. Voltage drops to about 11v on hard hard hits. I have a 8 farad cap in the back for faster beats. Question: Replace the older of the two batts under the hood to a kinetic or similar, or upgrade the shitty o.g. Alternator?

Edit: Voltage drop is way worse at idle... As expected

Ballin' on a budget.

I would take out the cap first.

Then check all the connections. You shouldn't dig so low with that system.

Your batteries may be dead, or your alternator ?

Check everything before you buy anything !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

HO alternator no doubt.. And that 5 yr old battery is prly junk. Find out before it take out the other battery with it

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Yeah I think it's an 85amp new cuz there's no power options in the truck

oreillyauto lists it as a 105amp..... that is GM's weak choice for a lot of their electrical systems

the bad thing is they list all the GM alts as compatible with all options except for 1997 4.3L .... other wise you could upgrade to a 140amp with lifetime replacement for around $120.....you may still be able you just have to look into it deeper..... my opinion is you are not running enough power to sink $300+ into a HO unit.... I run way more on a lot less with no issues.... 4awg wire and 1 stock battery/stock 130amp alt

Archived