im trying to build a ar 15 and i was wondering if what i am looking at would be a complete rifle (minus the lower of course)

upper --it seems to be pretty well agreed on to just buy a full upper (correct?)

the other bits -- (if my terms are correct i will be suprised) fire control group, buffer tube/spring, stock, grip

im not nessicarily going to buy these exact parts but it will help me make a list and get some opinions

reason for building and not buying:

the big reason is i have always wanted to make a simple pistol from scratch (like hunk of metal to a working pistol) but i realize that takes a lot of skill and tooling that i dont and prolly will never have so to me the next best thing is to mill/make a major part of a firearm and the easiest way of doing that would be a 80%lower on a rilfe i was the first to assemble

(edit: title an ar

Yes that would be a complete AR platform once you add in the lower.. So yes that list of parts would build you a complete rifle

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

The way the market is right now, you are money ahead to buy an off the shelf for around 4-500 and then make your upgrades. That being said I have built mine from the ground up because at the time it made more economical sense to do it that way.

BYKCSzw.jpg

One on top now looks like this:

TFAEluf.jpg

If you want to build a pistol from from scratch you can look up Caspian and build, fit, and finish a 1911.

He's right. There are too many 5-600 dollar rigs right now to try to build one if you aren't doing a special purpose rig. I bought my first. Then spent a bunch more money to make it what I wanted it. I've built the rest because they are all purpose built. The next three I've got planned will be as wekk

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Building mine from the ground up.

I can't see how id be saving money by buying a shitty complete rifle and upgrading it.

Also see no benefit to buying a complete upper.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The $600 rifles are not built like then$1500 rifles.. I built one and cost me $800 but it's quality is like those on the $1500 range. Building a rifle with quality parts are near better then the $600 rifles you can buy complete. You know it cost $600 for a reason.. Not saying they are bad but you cant compare the quality in parts

A ruger 556 is a 600 dollar gun right now that's not a bad rifle a stag model 3 is close to that. It's not a bad rifle. Lots of great deals right now. What was going for 1200 a year ago is now going for 800. The market is really down on them. You get a lot for your money

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

All I know is I want to build a really nice smooth accurate ar and if I bought it pre built it would cost me way more than I'm putting into my build I'm sure.

Although I guess not everyone cares about going top of the line and just want something cheap to play with which I guess that's what I would do then too if that's all I was after.

My barrel and rail are going to be $500-$600 alone.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived