Kyle's BlAcura trunk try. SINGER, Fi team 12's, Ampere Audio 9k, meh...

That stuff is asphalt based, what makes it so different than the other asphalt deadener's on the market?

Its not just bitumen. It is bitumen plastic, which is mass loaded.

Im sorry, i dont know much about dampner products. Wont pretend to.

Just what was sent to me prior, about the make up. Reading material. And im still a noob.

Vibraflex is a self-adhesive anti-drumming and insulation plate made of very flexible bitumen synthetic and special fillers. The plate combines a high specific mass with a high internal damping. Besides anti-drumming, also an increase in airborne sound insulation is realized. Vibraflex is provided with a laminated PE-foil on the visible side for protection against influences from oil, fuel, etc.

it's some crazy shit...

seen many a builds with it down in TX, as both the tantric gatorskin and the ampere deadner. It DOES NOT fuck around at all. Solid thuds everywhere.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

That stuff is asphalt based, what makes it so different than the other asphalt deadener's on the market?

Just what was sent to me prior, about the make up. Reading material. And im still a noob.

Vibraflex is a self-adhesive anti-drumming and insulation plate made of very flexible bitumen synthetic and special fillers. The plate combines a high specific mass with a high internal damping. Besides anti-drumming, also an increase in airborne sound insulation is realized. Vibraflex is provided with a laminated PE-foil on the visible side for protection against influences from oil, fuel, etc.

Here is another answer from Tfade. Im sorry broke, i dont know really what to ask, nor, if anyones answers are helping ya. LOL.

It's not technically "asphalt". It's bitumen. Which bitumen is made of asphalt. Or asphalt is made of bitumen. I can let remember. But either way... The biggest benefit of it is its rigidity. CLD *absorbs* vibration and converts it to low level heat. VibraFlex conserved that lost energy by stiffening the panels instead. It also mass loads lowering panel resonance.

Here is another answer from Tfade. Im sorry broke, i dont know really what to ask, nor, if anyones answers are helping ya. LOL.

It's not technically "asphalt". It's bitumen. Which bitumen is made of asphalt. Or asphalt is made of bitumen. I can let remember. But either way... The biggest benefit of it is its rigidity. CLD *absorbs* vibration and converts it to low level heat. VibraFlex conserved that lost energy by stiffening the panels instead. It also mass loads lowering panel resonance.

Thanks for the info.

I think I may try it in the truck and use all the second skin I have in my car.

The back wall in the truck is gonna need all the help it can get.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived