Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can one build a system and still have usable trunk space?


PinkFreud65

Recommended Posts

Posted

On the topic of woofers...what are some good brands for the price around $500 for a single 12 or 15? I'm personally thinking, PSI, FI, DD, Sundown, Skar. Anyone have a preference of these or info on them, or hell, recommend something else? Thanks!

Posted

I fit a 15 in the trunk of a compact with enough room for a spare tire, tool box, battery, and enough clothes for a 5 day trip.

just gotta build right.

and fo sure AA mayhem, or Fi SP4. dd woofer's like large enclosures. Maybe even a used zv4, a zv3 maybe.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

DC subs like smaller enclosures and the XL 12 will give you everything you want with a 1.5cuft ported box.... I run a level 3 with AR upgrade and its everything I need, built a 1.75 cuft box at 33hz and in a explorer and you would think its bigger than a 12 for sure, 900rms and it takes up to 1200 with some caution in mind.... I know a couple people that run single 15" XL's in trunk cars and they are impressive to say the least..... just got to be able to crunch some numbers for the box and drop 300-500 on a sub

Posted

Awesome, guys! Thanks for the info! I'll be looking into those woofers.

I plan on spending at least $300 for the woofer. I'm not opposed to $500, but if it's that high, it better blow my mind ;)

So, I want a ported enclosure, right? I mean, that's my preference, but would a "bandpass" enclosure be of any advantage in a trunk?

I'm still learning haha. Thanks for the help!

Posted

If I wanted loud as shit and keep trunk space I'd do either a tantric hdd 12 on 3500w or a shd 12 on 5k+ depending on your budget

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...