Second Skin Audio

Can one build a system and still have usable trunk space?

PinkFreud65

I fit a 15 in the trunk of a compact with enough room for a spare tire, tool box, battery, and enough clothes for a 5 day trip.

just gotta build right.

and fo sure AA mayhem, or Fi SP4. dd woofer's like large enclosures. Maybe even a used zv4, a zv3 maybe.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

DC subs like smaller enclosures and the XL 12 will give you everything you want with a 1.5cuft ported box.... I run a level 3 with AR upgrade and its everything I need, built a 1.75 cuft box at 33hz and in a explorer and you would think its bigger than a 12 for sure, 900rms and it takes up to 1200 with some caution in mind.... I know a couple people that run single 15" XL's in trunk cars and they are impressive to say the least..... just got to be able to crunch some numbers for the box and drop 300-500 on a sub

Awesome, guys! Thanks for the info! I'll be looking into those woofers.

I plan on spending at least $300 for the woofer. I'm not opposed to $500, but if it's that high, it better blow my mind ;)

So, I want a ported enclosure, right? I mean, that's my preference, but would a "bandpass" enclosure be of any advantage in a trunk?

I'm still learning haha. Thanks for the help!

Archived