Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

But they literally give both ratings. How are you supposed to know what is right? The company claims the amp does 1500, 3000, and 6000 watts at 1ohm. You seriously don't see the problem here? And it's sold as a 6k watt amp. Granted most people would see that and look at the specs, but in the specs it says 3k RMS. The company is intentionally being deceptive to try and trick people and it's obvious it's working well...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

What makes it obvious that it's working well? Everyone here knows what they really got. We may be the only sobs that bought them. They me be going under next month. Who knows?

Still learning but have started gathering.

Yeah its a lot to sift through. Yes it is a problem. Yes it was $150. Its like DJ equipment that has ratings for Peak power, program power and RMS power.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

What makes it obvious that it's working well? Everyone here knows what they really got. We may be the only sobs that bought them. They me be going under next month. Who knows?

Because they have sold some. People fell for it.

Yeah its a lot to sift through. Yes it is a problem. Yes it was $150. Its like DJ equipment that has ratings for Peak power, program power and RMS power.

I agree, it is a real problem, at least in the car audio world. They took the old method of lower line amps and added an extra layer of bullshit to mislead people. At least Boss only gives you one completely made up rating to ignore.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So does Rockford and Hifonics rate their amps differently like Rockville says?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

thats the saz4500

Why does that matter?

My Sundown SAZ-4500 is only rated at 900 watts rms at 4ohm.

Rockville rxd-m4

CEA Compliant Power Ratings (Rated at less than 1 % distortion) (Use these CEA ratings when matching and comparing with other CEA compliant brands such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc)

4 Ohm: 750 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N)

RMS Power Ratings: (Use these RMS ratings when comparing with great brands such as Hifonics, Earthquake, Soundstream, etc)

4 Ohm: 1500 Watts x 1 Channel

In any competition format such as USACI that rates your amp by its 4ohm rating puts that Rockville amp and my Sundown 4500 is in the same class!

USACi is going with 1 ohm ratings this year ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Just becasue the 4 channel has a cheap price tag and the company isnt exactly on par with their ratings doesnt mean that their amps have poor sound quality, There are not a lot of people in this forum who have not critically listened to car amps on high end home drivers, I actually have tried several old school amps and some newer high end and low end stuff.

I can tell you my all time favorite mid and high amp that I used to own was the soundstream class a 6.0, it was the worst sounding of the litter when hooked to a high end two channel set up. I tried a US amps tube hybrid they had back in the day and liked that the best, however this cheap ass chinese amp made by tone winner had the most upper frequency detail, It didnt have a lot of oomph below 100hz but if you are running and active sub you can easily deal with that. Point is cheap chinese amp actually sounded good!

I run the korean boards to my mids and highs, I even replaced the 50 cent op amps in the input section with high dollar burr brown replacements just to get them to sound better because I think the koreans have the best class d sub amps but I think they lack on sound q when it comes to their class a/b stuff.

Dont forget China is not known for engineering but rather reverse engineering, they find someone elses great design and copy it. Who knows where the rockville board actually originated.

One other thing old school orion shit has never met its dyno numbers, do we bash them and talk shit? Maybe...Maybe not as hard...

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

So does Rockford and Hifonics rate their amps differently like Rockville says?

Rockford just gives you the actual RMS it's designed to output. The t1500.1 is 1500 RMS @ 1ohm. I'm not sure what hifonics does.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Hifonics also falls short of their ratings.

I just went to their website and picked one at random. They might fall short but it looks like they are giving what the amps are actually rated to do. The one I looked at was marketed as a 2500x1 @ 1ohm amp that they claim does 2500x1 @ 1ohm. Not quite the same as what Rockville is doing.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived