MyNameIsNoob Posted December 11, 2015 Report Posted December 11, 2015 http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/dq-61/ Ok I have been on the hunt for a way to solve these factory crossover issues Im having. I'm keeping my HU, but they have each front stage speaker (2 mids, 2 highs, center ch) on its own channel... So I need a way to get the full sound spectrum to my front components (atm there are only midrange frequencies)... So I have found that Audiocontrol has a feature called "internal summing" where I can hook both of my mids and both highs to combine them into 2 full range channels. I called n talked to Tech support n it seems to have everything that I need from it, but I wanted to hear some real world experiences from y'all! Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? also open to similar products from other brands if it has something comparable the "internal sum" feature... THX IN ADVANCE!
MrSkippyJ Posted December 11, 2015 Report Posted December 11, 2015 JL clean sweep and RF 3sixty do that. Probably all good OEM integration units will do summing. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
CarbonWarrior Posted December 11, 2015 Report Posted December 11, 2015 I've also been eyeballing the DQ, and would love to hear from someone who's used one. References to other products are all good... but, I'm a bit particular when I'm shopping for components, and would really like to hear someones experience with this hardware. Anybody?
bcbrassard Posted December 11, 2015 Report Posted December 11, 2015 I have used a audio control LC7 in a couple builds and it worked good. Its not the DQ but i really think audio Control makes some good products if you decided to go that way. Yes there are other better processors out there, depends on your budget and needs.
dolarbilz Posted December 11, 2015 Report Posted December 11, 2015 I bought the dq61 for ease of use,as I don't have a computer or laptop to set up a better OEM integration.I've always like AQ stuff. I bought it for the fact I wanted to keep the factory hu and everything looking stock.which I achieved.it deffinetly helped with picking up the soundstage.I didn't spend that much time tweaking on it .but dose really work well and easy.
MyNameIsNoob Posted December 13, 2015 Author Report Posted December 13, 2015 Thx for the repllies guys! So apparently the Cleansweep has been discontinued, but that Rockford looks like it would be real nice. If it were only half of that price id have maybe found a winner. (Hate bein a poor boy lol)
MADVIBES Posted December 14, 2015 Report Posted December 14, 2015 I use the soundstream harmony often I like it alot, very easy to set up but you do have to have a computer to do so. The upside of the 360 is bluetooth so you can use your phone or tablet. way cool. DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
BlackPanther Posted December 14, 2015 Report Posted December 14, 2015 Had the 3sixty .1 and .2 both worked as advertised. But once the Bluetooth fails the unit no longer has adjustments. They will be stuck in whatever last setting/configuration you had saved on them. Tried getting my .2 fixed by the authorized RF repair tech, not gonna happen. Great product but poor design for repairs. That's basically what was told to me by him. With that being said. Switched over to the Audio Control LCQ-1 which is a step below the DQ-61 and loving it. But I'm like a women sometimes and never satisfied. Reason being wanted those last few adjustments the DQ-61 has that the LCQ-1 doesn't. I'm stepping up to the DQ-61 with no hesitation! Put in a Name Your Deal with Sonic Electronix waiting for a reply. Like most keeping my OEM together but getting aftermarket sound with the addition of the AC units.
MyNameIsNoob Posted January 3, 2016 Author Report Posted January 3, 2016 Ive been lookin at the Harmony since you mentioned it n talked to tech at Soudstream. Seems like it can do what i need but w more flexibility than than the DQ61... Only thing im not entirely sure of is the 4 in, 8 out set up. From what im understanding, to use the summing feature, i will need to use all 4 inputs (L and R mids, highs) and then via the software, i assign each channel (up to eight) the frequency range, levels, etc... but my concern is, since i have factory surround, will i lose anything (like low end response, imaging, etc) by using only the information from my front left and front right channels to feed the entire system?
MyNameIsNoob Posted January 3, 2016 Author Report Posted January 3, 2016 Had the 3sixty .1 and .2 both worked as advertised. But once the Bluetooth fails the unit no longer has adjustments. They will be stuck in whatever last setting/configuration you had saved on them. Tried getting my .2 fixed by the authorized RF repair tech, not gonna happen. Great product but poor design for repairs. That's basically what was told to me by him. With that being said. Switched over to the Audio Control LCQ-1 which is a step below the DQ-61 and loving it. But I'm like a women sometimes and never satisfied. Reason being wanted those last few adjustments the DQ-61 has that the LCQ-1 doesn't. I'm stepping up to the DQ-61 with no hesitation! Put in a Name Your Deal with Sonic Electronix waiting for a reply. Like most keeping my OEM together but getting aftermarket sound with the addition of the AC units. Yea, well since you mention it, my OCD is never satisfied either lol I can work on something for however long it takes jus to improve something so insignificant, im the only one who will ever notice... I drive people (and myself) crazy like that lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.