Sundown Audio

lower wattage 2ch amps

MotorCityFats13

I was looking into new a HU that I might buy after christmas and Im liking the Pioneer AVH-X4700BS but to really use this unit I will have to go fully active.... what happened to 2 channel amps that are rated around 50rms X 2..? I would not need anything powerful to simply run to my tweeters but everything I see is like 400x2 or more.... I plan on keeping my 4ch going to my 4 doors and wanted a small low power 2ch that I could hide inside the dash,maybe something that would get along with 10 or smaller gauge power/ground wiring?.... I figured in the end if I was willing to spend $300 on a new HU anyway I would ditch the idea of getting the Jensen VX7020 with nav and getting something that it can be added later on and getting better build and design and more options

Having more power on tap is always a good thing not a bad one.

If you want small with low power cosumption it doesn't get much better than this.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43424_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-PBR300X2.html

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i dont plan on replacing my front comp set.. I love having headroom but I cant see the tweets that come in the Clarion SRG1623S set needing lots of power, I just bought these within the last 6 months.... they claim 40 watts rms on the tweeter so I want something budget friendly to get this job done.... maybe even something old and used that works but I first have to get the HU then look into active this spring just fishing for ideas

Hmmm. Im gonna go look in my garage then. Might have something I can throw you.

Edit: it will be in the morn before I go look. I have a 100 watt alpine in there somewhere. Old school, straight wired, I believe 8 gauge. Idr if its 2 channel or no though.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Check out SounDigital i believe they are the ones that have the 2 channel micro amps... Steve posted about them awhile back... They're like the size of a wallet

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived