Sonic Electronix

how come no one ever admits they like their bass to be heard down the block?

Which viper do you have?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

5701 i think.. its a 2 way and works with my phone.. i will check it out tomorrow and let you know.. i think viper charges $200 a year for the service

That's not bad at all though. 16 bucks a month for that kind of assurance is great. Where I live is alright but I got a couple friends that live in a sketchy area. I've seen people "admiring" my car before. Tough to keep your cool but you can't do much if they haven't actually done anything yet.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

200 for 3 years actually.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Why? Because many of us on here have systems that can be heard for well over a mile away. Gotta be careful where and when you play it.

Wanting to be heard down the block is outright immature and car audio culture isn't for you if that's the case. It's not for anyone else to hear... Not to set off the old lady's hearing aid, not to wake up the cranky baby mom just spent hours getting to sleep, not to interrupt a church's prayer time... no.... I do it for my enjoyment. Having the sound carry is quite frankly an annoying side effect as it restricts where and when I can play. Personally I'd love it if no one could hear it outside the car when the windows are uip. That way I don't need to be paranoid about where I park, watching who pulls down what streets post-full-tilt. I don't need to worry about it annoying people.

With great power comes great responsibility. Use it accordingly. We only get excited hearing someone else bump because we're into the sport. No everyone is.

The difference between Harleys and muscle cars is their stuff won't carry through 2-3 walls and still carry enough energy to knock pictures down. One of my neighbors come summer time starts his Harley at 5:15 in the morning, lets it run for 5 mins, revs it a few times along the way, then drives off. You know how I block all that sound out? Close the window. Do that with a sub 60hz note and it wouldn't hardly change a thing

Why? Because many of us on here have systems that can be heard for well over a mile away. Gotta be careful where and when you play it.

Wanting to be heard down the block is outright immature and car audio culture isn't for you if that's the case. It's not for anyone else to hear... Not to set off the old lady's hearing aid, not to wake up the cranky baby mom just spent hours getting to sleep, not to interrupt a church's prayer time... no.... I do it for my enjoyment. Having the sound carry is quite frankly an annoying side effect as it restricts where and when I can play. Personally I'd love it if no one could hear it outside the car when the windows are uip. That way I don't need to be paranoid about where I park, watching who pulls down what streets post-full-tilt. I don't need to worry about it annoying people.

With great power comes great responsibility. Use it accordingly. We only get excited hearing someone else bump because we're into the sport. No everyone is.

The difference between Harleys and muscle cars is their stuff won't carry through 2-3 walls and still carry enough energy to knock pictures down. One of my neighbors come summer time starts his Harley at 5:15 in the morning, lets it run for 5 mins, revs it a few times along the way, then drives off. You know how I block all that sound out? Close the window. Do that with a sub 60hz note and it wouldn't hardly change a thing

you still have hope

This might seem like a stupid topic but I'm seriously curious. Why the dishonesty? I mean we put mutiple 15's or 18's in our cars with mutiple kilowatts of power and then I see people actually try and say it's not about being heard from down the block. I see people on here actually get shamed if they ask how to be loud or get louder outside the car.

Ok, yes it's obnoxious and immature to roll around bassing but I'm willing to openly admit I like it to be loud outside my car and even have my friends drive my truck around the block at full tilt so I can hear how much louder it is whenever I make upgrades. Let's be honest here, we like to show it off. And believe me I know most people aren't impressed, but I get random people come up to me in the most random places and ask about my system. I've even met some cool ass local people in the scene I would have never met if I wasn't being an a obnoxious basshead.

On the flip side of that, when I hear other people bangin' my ears instantly perk up and I get excited, like trying to guess what they might be running or if it's a car I've seen before in my area. I'll even flag them down if I can.

So anyway, why do people gotta front? What's wrong wrong with wanting to be loud? How is it different that a loud Harley or muscle car? Why is that somehow more socially acceptable?

PS before I'm called a punk teen, I'm actually a tax paying 36yrs old husband, father of 3 and a home owner and I've been anoyimg my neighbors since the 90's

So you've actually never stopped being one...

Loud harley's and loud cars are annoying too depending on where you live.

Even though I enjoy bikes and cars.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived