Sonic Electronix

how come no one ever admits they like their bass to be heard down the block?

This might seem like a stupid topic but I'm seriously curious. Why the dishonesty? I mean we put mutiple 15's or 18's in our cars with mutiple kilowatts of power and then I see people actually try and say it's not about being heard from down the block. I see people on here actually get shamed if they ask how to be loud or get louder outside the car.

Ok, yes it's obnoxious and immature to roll around bassing but I'm willing to openly admit I like it to be loud outside my car and even have my friends drive my truck around the block at full tilt so I can hear how much louder it is whenever I make upgrades. Let's be honest here, we like to show it off. And believe me I know most people aren't impressed, but I get random people come up to me in the most random places and ask about my system. I've even met some cool ass local people in the scene I would have never met if I wasn't being an a obnoxious basshead.

On the flip side of that, when I hear other people bangin' my ears instantly perk up and I get excited, like trying to guess what they might be running or if it's a car I've seen before in my area. I'll even flag them down if I can.

So anyway, why do people gotta front? What's wrong wrong with wanting to be loud? How is it different that a loud Harley or muscle car? Why is that somehow more socially acceptable?

PS before I'm called a punk teen, I'm actually a tax paying 36yrs old husband, father of 3 and a home owner and I've been anoyimg my neighbors since the 90's

I thought this way when I was 18.... I know know what escapes the cabin is wasted energy but unless you spend bundles on sound proofing you cant keep it all in.... then you roll down the windows and it all comes out anyway... ive have gotten to hear quite a lot of systems that could be heard 2 blocks down and sounded like poop inside the car... and distance tests are for noobs

tldr,

i do not want anyone to hear me outside my ride. But i spent like a bunch of bank on deadener and stuff. I want to murderize people that are in my car, and i aso enjoy murerizeing myself.

i want every single bit of all my sound to be trapped inside my ride.

now if you like to let everyone know how loud your weak ass is for lock around, buy an ice cream truck. or move to south america.

peace

Highways = Good

Neighborhoods, school zones, and other places that should remain relatively quiet and peaceful = Bad

Not everybody likes it nor should everyone have to hear it, especially at their home because someone is "beating around the block" and disturbing the possible peace and quiet of someone else's home. Your ears perk up to it. I know a lot of people who can not stand it more than I do who can.

I mean i go for the whole intense brain rattling and full body massage when inside the vehicle, and as a consequence of this, it is quite obnoxious outside the truck. However after adding deadening to the doors and wood roof, the exterior noise was suppressed slightly. I do use that to my advantage when people piss me off in traffic and watching them tweak out can be pretty fun lol

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Highways = Good

Neighborhoods, school zones, and other places that should remain relatively quiet and peaceful = Bad

Not everybody likes it nor should everyone have to hear it, especially at their home because someone is "beating around the block" and disturbing the possible peace and quiet of someone else's home. Your ears perk up to it. I know a lot of people who can not stand it more than I do who can.

My ears perk up if it's a system that is obviously well tuned and hitting every note clearly. There are a half dozen donks in my area and other random ghetto hoopties with systems that can't hit anything under 40hz, and no I don't get excited to hear those systems

This might seem like a stupid topic but I'm seriously curious. Why the dishonesty? I mean we put mutiple 15's or 18's in our cars with mutiple kilowatts of power and then I see people actually try and say it's not about being heard from down the block. I see people on here actually get shamed if they ask how to be loud or get louder outside the car.

Ok, yes it's obnoxious and immature to roll around bassing but I'm willing to openly admit I like it to be loud outside my car and even have my friends drive my truck around the block at full tilt so I can hear how much louder it is whenever I make upgrades. Let's be honest here, we like to show it off. And believe me I know most people aren't impressed, but I get random people come up to me in the most random places and ask about my system. I've even met some cool ass local people in the scene I would have never met if I wasn't being an a obnoxious basshead.

On the flip side of that, when I hear other people bangin' my ears instantly perk up and I get excited, like trying to guess what they might be running or if it's a car I've seen before in my area. I'll even flag them down if I can.

So anyway, why do people gotta front? What's wrong wrong with wanting to be loud? How is it different that a loud Harley or muscle car? Why is that somehow more socially acceptable?

PS before I'm called a punk teen, I'm actually a tax paying 36yrs old husband, father of 3 and a home owner and I've been anoyimg my neighbors since the 90's

because i build for me to hear not for everyone else to hear..

Why does it have to be a lie? How loud my car is outside has exactly nothing to do with how I want it to sound inside. Seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived