WillPwn4Food Posted December 19, 2015 Report Posted December 19, 2015 WELL GUYS... I'm not sure if anyone here remembers me or not... Probably not. It's been quite a while since I've been on here. Been pretty busy with life. Work. Women. The usual. Well, the time has come... For another build.Last time I left off, the plan WAS (4) CT Sounds Exo v1 15's walled on (2) B2 zero.5's on a 16v system. This was the first Taurus (I'm aware of) that had a 12v and 16v charging system... And unfortunately before the project was complete, a valve blew. Which was fine and dandy and I had it replaced... But then soon after the transmission went out. At this point I figured it wasn't worth replacing anything else.... A Taurus will always be a Taurus no matter how badass it is... So. I figured why not buy something I can fix up over the years.. Something I can actually be proud of restoring... Well I happened to come across a 1978 Mustang II. Has the 302 v8 with the 4-speed manual. Not in horrble shape. Runs good. Sounds awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. A lot of work, but not a lot of body or engine work to be done. Here's the beauty when I first got her. Here's a little bit of the work I've done so far. Firstly, within days of buying it... The battery officially died. So... I replaced it with a G31 X2 Power I had in my Taurus. Worked fine for a few days until I added ring terminals to the top. Turns out that it's just a smidge too high, then... And actually caught the car on fire. Don't worry. Just the alternator ground to the frame burnt up. Disaster adverted. I was almost in tears when I seen the smoke. Never ran to pull the hood latch so fast in my life. And then within a few days after... The alternator went out. And probably for good reason. I'm pretty positive this was the original alternator... 60amp. Replaced it with another one to just get by until I buy a 250A or higher. 60a from O'Reiley's was like $40. Why the hell not. So obviously with all this work I'm doing... I need music. When I got the car... This is what I dealt with. Like what the actual fuck? So obviously that had to be taken care of. Here's the mach-up I did. Just needs fiberglass and paint and she's sittin' pretty. So the stock 78 Mustang II came with a single in-dash speaker... Yeah.... No.... Sorry Pony, but audio is life. I can't have that.... So this is a little 2-channel MTX I got from a friend for $20. Just enough power for my (at the time) B2 ES6.1 components.... And obviously I couldn't leave the rust and shit there like that.... Don't worry. I cleaned it up. So the ORIGINAL plan was White car. White interior. Blue racing stripes and accents. Super fresh. Super clean. Super classy. So Obviously I started with some white.... So... Reliable battery(s)... Check.Head unit in.... Check.Speaker amp.... Check.Speakers.... Well, like I said... A single in-dash would not suffice... So I had to do something about those doors. Don't worry. They're not finished (As isn't everything else haha) I still need to sand them flat and have them vinyl-wrapped (Which I will have done professionally as I'd rather it look amazing and not like shit haha) Plan now... Is black vinyl with white accents and green stitching. Should look pretty sick when it's done. So the speakers are all done. (As you noticed possibly I actually got rid of the B2 ES6.1 and have the Hertz.... I don't remember the series. They're the $180 ones on amazon in the Dieci lineup I think. Amazing speakers. Never heard something so clear in my life. Lower power handling than the B2 but the sound quality shits all over B2. Sorry guys. Love you. But Hertz knows what's up.) So what next? Oh of course. Some BBBAAAAASSSSSSSSS. Finally. Went a couple weeks without bass. It was torture. Note: This was a quick setup. Not meant to be permanent. Was thrown together in a few hours to make it to a show in time. (If you notice in the pictures the MDF split quite badly EVEN AFTER PREDRILLING HOLES) I've never had this happen so bad in my life. I got the wood from Menards so maybe that was the problem... But shit it was brittle. I was actually really disappointed in this happen. Happened at almost every edge. I couldn't even fathom how shit it was. Never again. Oh, yeah. Check out that hitch... Lmao. Don't know what previous owner was thinking but... Whatever. To each his own i guess. Work car? Who knows. haha. And this picture just because I love it. And now the moment you've all been waiting for.... Got Alphard? Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
WillPwn4Food Posted December 19, 2015 Author Report Posted December 19, 2015 So here's the NEW OFFICIAL PLAN.... I've been given an amazing opportunity to represent Alphard Sound Technology.... Alphard? Who the hell is that? Some of you may know of them. Some of you may not. They're HUGE in Russia. Remember those guys with the crazy ass 32" Woofer in that Green.... Thing? Yeah. That's them. Looking at the stuff they've done... I'm super honored to have this opportunity to (as of now) be one of the handful of people in the US to have their equipment. Don't worry fellow Americans. They'll be here soon enough. And you should definitely check them out. (Look at their facebook for some amazing work and some SERIOUS Russian babes. Like holy fuck. Mail-order bride please?)In all seriousness... Here's the equipment plan... (2) Deaf Bonce DB-412D2 (2) Deaf Bonce DB-5500.1D (4) Hannibal NM6-4 (2) Deaf Bonce DB-T40NEO (1) Machete M134 So yeah.... 2 12's on 10k in the trunk area in a 78 Mustang? Why the hell not. The front stage I'm sure will probably end up being much greater than that, but that's what I'm starting with. It's quite the (spendy) list, so it'll be a slow progress buying all of that and the electrical for it this winter, so I'll be making regular posts on here with progress to keep everyone updated... But it's time... For some sexy time pictures... I wasn't home when they arrived... I got the following snapchats from my roommate haha. I even got off of work 2 hours early that night so I could rush home and see my new babies... God they're beautiful.... All 95lbs of these babies are fucking beautiful. 3k RMS. 4" copper coil... This is what love looks like. This is the clostest I could get with my phone before the magnetism started messing with my phone (It would make the screen go to a clock and close my camera app... What? lol Later the next day.... It was time to finally start the build for these bad boys... Who knew? You can fit ( 8 2x4' sheets of 3/4" birch ply in a mustang's back seat area. Barely. Haha. And this wood worked WAY better than the damned MDF. No splits. glued and screwed together really nicely. Don't worry. That isn't the wire I'm officially using I couldn't find my 4awg Knu OFC. I found it. Thank god. Now, the bad news... Unfortunately a mistake was made, and I was sent one D1 and one D2 woofer.... Nobody's fault. It was a simple mixup. Mistakes happen. It's not a huge deal. Vladimir with Alphard (US Sales Rep) made things right with no problems and no delays. Couldn't be happier with the service he's given me thus far. New woofer will be here in a few days. And one of the DB 5500's should be here... Probably in 2 weeks or so. So keep an eye out for that sexy beast. When the other woofer gets here, I'll be sure to take more pictures of the woofers going in... And if you're lucky... Maybe even a video!Also for any info about the equipment (As I'm sure you're all curious) you can either ask me here and I'll try to answer your questions the best I can, or you can message Alphard Sound Technology on Facebook, or you can contact Vladimir Mukhin (US Sales Rep) at 302-260-2687 or [email protected] Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
miniSPLlancer Posted December 19, 2015 Report Posted December 19, 2015 Those sub's look pretty stout, nice ride. 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
WillPwn4Food Posted December 19, 2015 Author Report Posted December 19, 2015 Those sub's look pretty stout, nice ride. They're super solid. They make my poor Exo look like a Kicker. Super stiff. I could probably stand on the cone and it be fine. I'm not, because that's child abuse, but I could. And thanks. I love this Mustang. I'm more of a Camaro guy, but this thing is too much fun. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
reedal Posted December 19, 2015 Report Posted December 19, 2015 I'm hooked SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Azagtoth502 Posted December 19, 2015 Report Posted December 19, 2015 Good stuff man, I dig those cars. pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted December 19, 2015 Report Posted December 19, 2015 I'm Always down for anything involving an old mustang I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
WillPwn4Food Posted December 19, 2015 Author Report Posted December 19, 2015 Good stuff man, I dig those cars. Surprising. Not many people do. Dubbing it one of the "Worst muscle cars ever made." In all honesty.... When it's done, it'll be sick. Especially when I start doing engine mods. Lightest mustang ever produced with a motor doing 400hp+? Damn this thing is going to fly. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
OrionStang Posted December 19, 2015 Report Posted December 19, 2015 My Mom had a '78 until 1987. Yellow with black pinstripes and all black interior. I used to always pretend to drive it (age 5-7) LOL. Can be made real fun! SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
daimer Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 Alphard in the USA - yes please! As far as I've seen the company knows what it's doing, there are some record holding cars using their subwoofers and the subs are f'n beautiful, too! Good luck with the build and I hope to see more of it soon! My humble build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192602-corsa-b-daily-build-with-12-ground-zero-new-box-in/ Single Zv4 Rev.2 15" on a 10k amp: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201434-my-reviewtest-of-the-zv4-rev2-15/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.