Sundown Audio

Hifonics

Matthew Williams

I already have a cresendo. I only want to go to 2k watts

"only want to go 2K" ? (your making it sound like 2k isn't high or easily reachable).

Some of these 2K amps have 200amp fuses (that's my point, alot of people buying these Hifonics amps get like half the output because there trying to be cheap on the amplifier while skimping the electrical).

What electrical upgrades have you done so far ? (you need enough amps to run the car, run the front speakers, and power the subs).

Was not replying to you.

Was replying to the guy that thinks because a company pays a few and sends in 1 amp per model in to be tested that it is something great to buy and better then the rest that are not cea rated.

People seem to think cea is something great, but really its a very old flawed way of testing an amp.

i am not saying cea compliance is anything special but there has to be a reason why higher end brands do the testing and lower end brands are dropping it altogether..... that little seal does open up your sales point to people that find it hard to buy an amp.... its like with headunits I cant care less if your new shinny radio is not cea2006 because I dont run deck power but it has to stand for something when a brand pays that little extra for the stamp.... if car engines had testing measure for output and it failed then people would have went completely ape shit that their 1999 cobra only put out 200hp at the crank but people had to find this out at the track when they were getting beat by stock mustang GT's, just like how the AD-1 is doing for amps..... that little stamp makes some people feel all warm and fuzzy

i am not saying cea compliance is anything special but there has to be a reason why higher end brands do the testing and lower end brands are dropping it altogether..... that little seal does open up your sales point to people that find it hard to buy an amp.... its like with headunits I cant care less if your new shinny radio is not cea2006 because I dont run deck power but it has to stand for something when a brand pays that little extra for the stamp.... if car engines had testing measure for output and it failed then people would have went completely ape shit that their 1999 cobra only put out 200hp at the crank but people had to find this out at the track when they were getting beat by stock mustang GT's, just like how the AD-1 is doing for amps..... that little stamp makes some people feel all warm and fuzzy

But your missing the point

When you buy a 5000 watt rms @ 1ohm mono block amp, do you buy that amp to run it at 4ohms or are you going to run it at 1 ohm?

Se All I was saying is that I just wanted a 2k watt amp.

You have yet to list your electrical upgrades. If you have invested in good electrical then you will probably want something better (quality wise) and if you haven't upgraded (which I'm assuming is the case) then you will most likely want something a little more efficient.

get the brz2400 or the newer i think its 2600.. you will get around 1800 to 2000 at 1 ohm.. if you can hold 14.4 v

i owned one and they dont put out

Se All I was saying is that I just wanted a 2k watt amp.

You have yet to list your electrical upgrades. If you have invested in good electrical then you will probably want something better (quality wise) and if you haven't upgraded (which I'm assuming is the case) then you will most likely want something a little more efficient.

I have 1 battery in the back although I can put another back there. No alt upgrade. The batteries are Kinetic KHC 2000

Archived