2 sets or 1 components

07chevy

there are a couple DD units that handle active.... and unless I was told wrong the 4800bs pioneer I just bought does network mode and the front channels can be crossed over at a high khz ... kenwood has some too

Not really active per se. They allow you to choose a starting frequency and slope but you cant do a bandpass crossover network. Nothing like the Pioneer 80PRS.

I see what you are saying but it is like compairing an amp with a 10x switch to a bit one... you can either have full control or the control that will get the job done for normal human ears ... on my HU you can bandpass the mids but there is no need to do this on the highs unless you want it to not play to 20khz

there are a couple DD units that handle active.... and unless I was told wrong the 4800bs pioneer I just bought does network mode and the front channels can be crossed over at a high khz ... kenwood has some too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsGEEeshAE8

Not really active per se. They allow you to choose a starting frequency and slope but you cant do a bandpass crossover network. Nothing like the Pioneer 80PRS.

I see what you are saying but it is like compairing an amp with a 10x switch to a bit one... you can either have full control or the control that will get the job done for normal human ears ... on my HU you can bandpass the mids but there is no need to do this on the highs unless you want it to not play to 20khz

Yeah for the everyday user, it is more than enough and I agree with you. But I wouldnt run my tweets bandpassed anyway as I stated above, I let them roll off naturally.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Not to be technical dick, time alignment has to nothing to do with speaker loudness or output but rather slows the signal to the output of your nearest speaker so that all sound arrives at your ear at the exact same time. some time alignment only allows you to delay the four corners of your car, works decent but I have noticed something and maybe someone else here has too, sometimes the manufacturer forgets to change the software for left hand driven cars vs right hand driven cars, most stereo are produced for the JDM and then usually only the name changes and they send them to the us. I have noticed this mostly on early units and not sure if its still a problem.

seperate note when you run run delays the delays dont work on the furthest speaker in the system, thats the reference, all others are matched in milliseconds so the sound reaches you at the same time creating artificial imaging, have a 3 or 4 way active sysem with the ability to be able to delay each channel would be the perfect solution.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Not to be technical dick, time alignment has to nothing to do with speaker loudness or output but rather slows the signal to the output of your furthest speaker so that all sound arrives at your ear at the exact same time. some time alignment only allows you to delay the four corners of your car, works decent but I have noticed something and maybe someone else here has too, sometimes the manufacturer forgets to change the software for left hand driven cars vs right hand driven cars, most stereo are produced for the JDM and then usually only the name changes and they send them to the us. I have noticed this mostly on early units and not sure if its still a problem.

seperate note when you run run delays the delays dont work on the furthest speaker in the system, thats the reference, all others are matched in milliseconds so the sound reaches you at the same time creating artificial imaging, have a 3 or for way active sysem with the ability to be able to delay each channel would be the perfect solution.

On my Kenwood, it has memory capable settings. If I'm in the passenger seat too drunk to drive ... all I have to do is go to that preset that is 100 % opposite from normal and you are off and running. Of course you have to set this up for it to work correctly. There are no factory presets on it like some Pioneers.

Make sense ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived