Sonic Electronix

My system so far . What would you change ?

Looks pretty good so far. I know how it is, you have a goal and then you meet it and you goal changes. What do you feel it is lacking? If you want it louder is one direction, or maybe staging and imaging are next? At some point you might choose SPL over everything else or that sound quality has priority. I have seen the Zapco DSP but it is expensive. I am stuck in the middle somewhere (loud and clean) as are most people. The ultimate goal is of course the highest SQ system that is also the higest SPL system but nobody has seen that yet.

By the way i love that sub amp. I used to have one until it started making a funny noise.

I beg to differ....I will accomplish this,,, ok maybe not

If I were a betting man I would put my money on you. It would take something very different than what anyone is currently doing and an open mind is essential. Remember, at one time the world was flat. LOL!!!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

My goal I guess is a loud and clear setup, that can play almost just about every genre of music cleanly . Although I do listen to much more bass heavy music now that I've added more power and better subs . The kickers ..... well sucked I turned them off more time than not . These infinity subs really do sound very nice .

My goal I guess is a loud and clear setup, that can play almost just about every genre of music cleanly . Although I do listen to much more bass heavy music now that I've added more power and better subs . The kickers ..... well sucked I turned them off more time than not . These infinity subs really do sound very nice .

If you like the way it sounds but want it louder then find a way to double up what you have now.

Pioneer 80PRS

I do for the most part . The mids and highs are a little spotty .

Also I apreciate the replys . I still figuring car audio out . Also I'm sick and bored lol.

If you want to start getting into the higher power 3" voice coil subwoofers i implore you to get subs with 100 percent copper coils, sure power handling is not as good due to poor heat dissapation of copper but the sound of a copper voice coil is unmistakeable.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I never thought about damaging my amp . Lol no I usually just add some rpm to bring the voltage up . I love my tunes loud . So really It looking like the very first thing I should upgrade is my electrical before I fvck something up.

One thing about high amp alts that i didn't know until i got one is that they don't do rated at idle. I had to bump my idle up about 200 RPM for it to kick in. Otherwise it didn't charge at all at idle. Maybe some alts are better than others about this I don't know. I went from stock 130A to a 250A and it helped a lot but I still need more.

Pioneer 80PRS

I never thought about damaging my amp . Lol no I usually just add some rpm to bring the voltage up . I love my tunes loud . So really It looking like the very first thing I should upgrade is my electrical before I fvck something up.

One thing about high amp alts that i didn't know until i got one is that they don't do rated at idle. I had to bump my idle up about 200 RPM for it to kick in. Otherwise it didn't charge at all at idle. Maybe some alts are better than others about this I don't know. I went from stock 130A to a 250A and it helped a lot but I still need more.

Yes. Alt's are just like every other product. More than one kind is made and some are better. My 270 hairpin from Mike singer can output 200A+ at idle (600rpm). I could have bought/can buy a 370A from him that outputs the same (200A+) at idle.

I'm looking into a second batt and back to the drawing board on my "deadening " choice . I had no idea , after some Google work I see that peel and seal was a waste of time even if it was free. I'm listening and apreciate the input .

I don't feel you need a bigger alternator. Maybe better batteries under the hood and in the back ?

Have you done the big 3 ? I don't remember the 1st post !

You should not have such voltage drop. You're not running gigawatts of power.

Here are some ideas, if you have money and time to spend :

- check all your grounds and connections

- better sound deadening, take a look at Secondskin : they have B-stock avaiable. sounddeadenershowdown.com is another place to for that (you'll learn a lot).

- wood rings on your speakers to secure them from moving

- a minidsp 2x4

- etc...

Have fun !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I don't feel you need a bigger alternator. Maybe better batteries under the hood and in the back ?

Have you done the big 3 ? I don't remember the 1st post !

You should not have such voltage drop. You're not running gigawatts of power.

Here are some ideas, if you have money and time to spend :

- check all your grounds and connections

- better sound deadening, take a look at Secondskin : they have B-stock avaiable. sounddeadenershowdown.com is another place to for that (you'll learn a lot).

- wood rings on your speakers to secure them from moving

- a minidsp 2x4

- etc...

Have fun !

I'm not sure how to respond individual to posts . I have done the big 3 . And no I'm not really running much power but it does make my gauge dance at idle . I'm for sure going to add a battery in back . I lifted my rear seat 3 in so I have plenty of room . I can grow into a bigger alt . Like most others , I keep wanting it louder and more powerful . I love to feel the music ! I've been reading around the forum and I'm learning a lot . I'm really wanting to run a 3 way active up front with subs too . I don't think the prs80 is setup for that . So I can see the need for dsp eventually .

Archived