Sonic Electronix

My system so far . What would you change ?

Deck 80prs active

Front doors , hertz esk 165.5

Mid / high amp . Kicker a/b 350.4

Sub amp fosgate p1000 Bd mono 1 ohm

Subs x2 12 in Infinity kappa 120.9 switches set to 2 ohm

Boxes x2 1.42 cu ft sealed and stuffed

Big 3 all 0ga

Optima red

4ga stinger wire to each amp

2 farad cap on sub amp.

Both amps and deck grounded straight to the frame .

How am I doing ?

I guess from what I have , what would be my best bang for my buck upgrade ? I went to 5his setup from 2 kicker comps in a premade . A kicker 600 wt amp and , a nakamichi deck. Alpine type s comps in the doors . So I know how much better another rung in the audio chain can be. If I'm going to level up one piece at a time , what's my next best move ? I have some experience in home audio . I have heard some of the best systems made like the Infinity IRSV betta's . Car audio... I'm just kinda guessing . I know this forum seems to have a wealth of very knowledgeable individuals. I guess basically I'd like to know if this was your setup , what would you upgrade first?

Side note..

This is all in a 2000 silverado 3 door.

Thanks

Looks pretty good so far. I know how it is, you have a goal and then you meet it and you goal changes. What do you feel it is lacking? If you want it louder is one direction, or maybe staging and imaging are next? At some point you might choose SPL over everything else or that sound quality has priority. I have seen the Zapco DSP but it is expensive. I am stuck in the middle somewhere (loud and clean) as are most people. The ultimate goal is of course the highest SQ system that is also the higest SPL system but nobody has seen that yet.

By the way i love that sub amp. I used to have one until it started making a funny noise.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I know I need a bigger alt . I'm listening to ritz crown royal and it drag my volts to around 10 when the bass hits . My volt meter looks like a vu gauge lol. If I had to nit pick , it would be my mids and highs . On some stuff they are amazing IMO. for example pink floyd . They can get a bit harsh with Metallica ect . So far the worst song for sound awol nation , sail . Could be the fact that most of my music is streaming or dl from Google play and , I'm using bt.

Pretty solid set up IMO. prepping speaker install should be way high up on your list for best performance. Deadening, deadening and more deadening. Solid with minimal rattles and vibrations to get the best SQ from what your installing.

Archived