Second Skin Audio

Sp4 12'

Allen Lancos

Lol i get box dimentions when i get home tomorrow yea its 6 cubes. No i dont have an ns1 pushing 4 kickers but that will be their death when i start the upgrade. As far as porting goes ill admit i have very little to no experience with it built 2 smaller boxes years ago ported and the sounded awful. As long as the 4 fi's in the same box will give me more output ill be happy! Kickers are on a Rockford p1000. So going from 1000 watts to 6500 watts its gotta be way more output unless im looking at this wrong!

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

OP, make sure you can fit the SP4's, they have an 11.25inch mounting depth, whereas your current kickers probably are less than 8inches mounting depth.

Wait wait no blow through single cab sealed box? You have pics? Is this behind your seat?maybe to much tequila. Am I reading this right.

It sounds to me like he as a sealed blow through. I think OP thinks only bandpass boxes are considered blow through.

That's gotta be it, there is no other way to fit four 12"s in a 6 cube box in a single cab.

That current box will need some serious reinforcing to handle SP4's. (I assume, unless the box is way overbuilt for the kickers)

6 cubes is enough to run 2 SP4 12"s ported if you add a port.

If I were in your situation and absolutely couldn't upgrade to a better box, I would run two SP4's and add a port. It is always better to run one sub in a proper box than to run two subs in too small of boxes.

Yes, I believe two SP4's on an NS1 ported will be louder than four kickers sealed on 1000 watts.

If you decide to go that route, you can post in the subwoofer section with your box dimensions and someone will give you specs on what size port you need.

Redal- never consided mounting depth even though i could mount low in box and still have a few inches to spare.

Paralyzed- no this is not a blowthrough, just a sealed box in cab behind seats. Box specs actually calculate out to a gross 7.154 cubes. Dimensions of box are H-23", W-59", D1-8", D2-15". Bracing would consist of (3) 1" threaded rod nutted on inside and out! If was to go 2 subs id rather go up in size from 12s

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

OP, make sure you can fit the SP4's, they have an 11.25inch mounting depth, whereas your current kickers probably are less than 8inches mounting depth.

No they don't. The website has the 12, 15 and 18" listed at the same depth. The 12 is about 9.5" deep

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Blow through you'll be happier.I never did a blow through until one day.read ask questions much as you can.measure 1000x look for things that can be a issue.try not cut into factory braces or welds stay within the flat wall not upper window support.

Archived