Second Skin Audio

1 HDC3 18" or 2 HDS300 15"

Do you think the 18 will hit lower than the 2 15s because it's a larger diameter sub?

Given the two options you presented, my bet is that the 2 15s well hit harder and lower than the single 18" HDC3. I've heard plenty HDC3 subs and they never blow my mind with the low lows. They're a great sounding sub, don't get me wrong but I'll bet the 2 HDS3 subs could outshine them. They are softer and likely more efficient and easier to toss around than the HDC3.

In a proper box, I think the HDS would be the better bet

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Also there are PLENTY of guys running 12's and are killing low HZ. Big factors are the box build, avalible power applied and cabin frequency.

Ill second that my 2 12's are in a box tuned to 31and it absolutely murders 25-34 htz. Granted they're being given a ton of power but the point is hitting the "lows" is mostly in the box design.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

Also there are PLENTY of guys running 12's and are killing low HZ. Big factors are the box build, avalible power applied and cabin frequency.

Ill second that my 2 12's are in a box tuned to 31and it absolutely murders 25-34 htz. Granted they're being given a ton of power but the point is hitting the "lows" is mostly in the box design.

totally understand, my 2 kenwood 12s right now are tuned in a box at 30hz and hit the lows great, but i really just want something bigger

Its about your avalible space and what your trying to achive, im with cleansierra on two HDS315's you can get there soundqubed 2200.2 amp for a little over $400 and it will power both 15" well. The box will prolly be around 7-8.5 cubic feet depending on how you tune it, i believe soundqubed is looking for 34hz tuning on those HDS315 subs but you can go down some Hz.

Its about your avalible space and what your trying to achive, im with cleansierra on two HDS315's you can get there soundqubed 2200.2 amp for a little over $400 and it will power both 15" well. The box will prolly be around 7-8.5 cubic feet depending on how you tune it, i believe soundqubed is looking for 34hz tuning on those HDS315 subs but you can go down some Hz.

ive seen some articles about this before, but what is the deal with tuning below the Fs of a sub, is it bad?

I honestly dont know on the Fs of a sub, all i know is that its the free air Hz. Maybe someone more knowledge able will be able to explain. If not i guess you and i need to hit google lol the Fs on my cheapie 15's are 29Hz im still learning the techincal aspects.

Look at the build logs to get information on the Box Build, Lots of options. Just remember that you questions will be answered here.

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Tuning at Fs will give the most output. Playing below port tuning can risk over excursion.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived