Cwallaker Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 Can I run 2 matched component sets in my front doors if I have them xover at the same freq and slope? Or will this cause some cancelation ect.
2loud4uboyz Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 Is this a real question ? Sounds like your trolling. If not yes, no problem and it should be a 2 ohm load on amp. Given each set is 4 ohm, both sets together will equal a 2 ohm load to amp . It should sound good. I run three sets in my doors and love the sound. Hope this helps.
Cwallaker Posted January 20, 2016 Author Report Posted January 20, 2016 Honest question . Not sure what you mean by "trolling "but , I'm sure I'm not . I'm learning as I go so I may ask some questions with obvious answers . Never in malice though . Thank you
n8ball2013 Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 Yes you can THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
2loud4uboyz Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 Well I didn't know. Not bashing you. I see people asking the same thing time after time. So it makes me question some things some times. I mint you no harm, my bad.
Cwallaker Posted January 20, 2016 Author Report Posted January 20, 2016 Well I didn't know. Not bashing you. I see people asking the same thing time after time. So it makes me question some things some times. I mint you no harm, my bad.None taken . I try to use the search feature but , it don't seen to work for me .
Cwallaker Posted January 20, 2016 Author Report Posted January 20, 2016 Also I'm using auto T/A in the deck (80prs) I'd be keeping them as close together as I can but adding a second set shouldn't screw with the time alignment?
reedal Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 In the grand scheme, yes, it will mess with your T/A. Because no matter what, one woofer/tweeter on each side will always be farther away than its counterpart. Will it be noticeable? Possibly, but maybe not. It depends on how good of a listener you are. You might never notice, or it could drive you completely insane. My money is you won't realize it, or if you do, you'll quickly forget about it until you adjust the T/A one day. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
OrionStang Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 Just run auto t/a again after the second set is installed. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.