Sundown Audio

Mini amps(amplifiers)

Go-N-Def

I paid $160 for it. Not sure where you can get them now though.

Assuming theyre still in production, a buddy is a dealer for Tara.
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I paid $160 for it. Not sure where you can get them now though.

Assuming theyre still in production, a buddy is a dealer for Tara.

I asked a guy out of Texas, and he didn't have any on hand....but that doesn't really mean much I guess.

but link

http://www.djstagegear.com/taramps-ts-400x4-2-ohm-4-channel-amp/

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

When I first saw this video a few months back I had an idea to run a 3way active setup, Alpine 7998 into a Helix DSP, into 3 Kenwood Kac-m3004's and my sub amp. Haven't gotten around to glassing my doors and buying the amps yet, but so far I still want to give those mini d-classes a try.

I've also considered the SounDigital 250.2d that Steve did the dyno of...

http://youtu.be/Y1rZ9v7Dp4I

I did find them for sale on Wal-Mart of Brazil, and was hoping I could purchase them and have them shipped to my local store, but my Portuguese sucks.

alpine pdx.... kicker kx... pretty small for the output... IMO but maybe you want like the ZED mikro and RF pbx type size..

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

from video description:

Email [email protected] for sales.

When I first saw this video a few months back I had an idea to run a 3way active setup, Alpine 7998 into a Helix DSP, into 3 Kenwood Kac-m3004's and my sub amp. Haven't gotten around to glassing my doors and buying the amps yet, but so far I still want to give those mini d-classes a try.

I've also considered the SounDigital 250.2d that Steve did the dyno of...

I did find them for sale on Wal-Mart of Brazil, and was hoping I could purchase them and have them shipped to my local store, but my Portuguese sucks.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

• 2 months later...

I want to know from people who are using or have used them. Suppose I purchase one from a reputable company such as RF. Would the SQ be the same as some of the big footprint amplifiers they make? I'm assuming that advanced technology is the only difference.

I don't think SQ would be at the same level as a high end amplifier, but they are still very good. I have a conventional build in my older car (DLS Reference amps, Morel Supremo + Elate front stage, DLS Iridium sub, Audiocontrol 6XS + EQTs, and entire car treatment/deadening) and a mini amp with budget gear in my newer car (Clarion XC2510, Infinity Kappa set, PPI processor, with just the doors deadened). With better processing (FFT/RTA tune + some tweaks), the newer set can keep up in sound quality at normal to elevated listening levels (since better time alignment keeps things very coherent). At lower levels, the old system sounds quite a bit better (maybe because of better equipment SNR).

Today's small amps are very efficient and sound good enough for most situations. For budget and/or stealth builds, I can truly recommend them. Here's what I used:

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/test-reports/3883-clarion-xc2510-compact-amplifier-review

Archived