Dumbest Thing You Have Ever Heard

Some asshole I know thought impedance and resistance could be used interchangeably.

:(

Whoa, not you man. I was throwing myself under the bus. I thought that too. I went and googled it. Technically impedance is only ac but just like you said I've always heard it used interchangeably.

I was not calling you out.

Some asshole I know thought impedance and resistance could be used interchangeably.

:(

Whoa, not you man. I was throwing myself under the bus. I thought that too. I went and googled it. Technically impedance is only ac but just like you said I've always heard it used interchangeably.

I was not calling you out.

I figured that's what you meant. But if the shoe fits wear it, right? I don't mind learning that something I was taught was wrong.

Its not car audio but..

Guy once told me the speakers that come in a TV (as in big screens, 20 years ago...) are better than anything that can be bought or built.

Another good one is guys who dont like using 18's for horns. Literally just arbitrarily start at 18's not even considering different cone build materials or weights or anything. Just dont use 18's.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

People saying Banda amps and taramps are so great and then next month same person sells their Brazilian amp and goes Korean

People that talk trash about sundown and then they next system they put together is sundown lmao

Both true stories

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

One of the worst things for me is if I tell my opinion and its not what they want to hear. Then go other routes with their system ...

Which is fine with me. The thing is when their shit doesn't work the way they planned ... Instead of going back on the thread and reviewing what I said, they send me a pm asking me what they can do to fix what was done wrong because they didn't do their homework first and look up the reasoning for my suggestion.

So you diss me on the forums and then ask me privately so no one else can see what I can do to help them ??? Really ???

Yea, my pm section is full of shit like this ...

So go ahead and run 3 subs off one little bitty ass amplifier ... It might work, but how long will greatly depend if everything with the system is top notch ...

Personally, I don't deal in maybe ...

/ Rant

As long as it's wired correctly there is no difference whatsoever.

Amps are stupid, they don't know you connected 1-2-3-4-5-a million subwoofers to it.

All it sees is the impedance at the speaker terminals, if that is higher then the rated impedance of the amplifier then it will work for as long as the amp would last with a even number of subwoofers.

And nobody said it would be a litttle bitty ass amplifier, and even if it was it doesn't matter.

You can wire thousand of subs to a 5W amplifier and nothing will happen to the amp if it's wired correctly.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived