Diesel Batteries?

The reason diesels have two batteries is for when it's winter and you gotta have your glow plugs on for awhile. I know it has two batteries but they are probably are wired parallel (12volt)

So they're 2 6 volt batts. SO, if I did the big 3 for the future electrical, would it matter since they're already more than likely wired parralell?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Okay like thank you so much, cause I just knew that it didn't but a mechanic I know, the other day told me and swore by that if you wired them together it would increase their voltage.. And like I was like wha..? No..? Wait..? So it really had me screwed for a couple days! lol so, would wiring the 2 bats be a good thing or nah? :D make it simple. Do it or no. I want told what to do :D :D

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

blah never mind

Well he's the one throwing all this out me and like stressing me out trying to keep him happy and let him get what he wants lol but thing is, what he asks of me, something I don't know if they're possible, so that's why I come here. I dont wanna f the truck up, I want guidance and information is all man.

You could run positive from the alt to one or each battery (I'd do each), ground each battery better both to frame and engine block, and I'd run a new positive from battery + to battery +. Do not try running series (24volts) on that truck.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

The reason diesels have two batteries is for when it's winter and you gotta have your glow plugs on for awhile. I know it has two batteries but they are probably are wired parallel (12volt)

So they're 2 6 volt batts. SO, if I did the big 3 for the future electrical, would it matter since they're already more than likely wired parralell?

They are TWO 12volt batteries wired in parrallel. Basicly positive to positive negative to negative keeps the system voltage at 12 volts but u have the cranking amps of BOTH batteries (850 cca + 850 cca = 1700 cold cranking amps) which is needed to start those 16:1 diesel engines.

So this..?fcbs2W9.png

Wire it just like that for the big 3

Make sure you clean ur grounding points free of paint, disconnect BOTH battery ground terminals before you do any electrical work !!!!!!! :)

Be cautious and use common sense when re-routing wires, if it looks like its gonna rub or get cut then take the time to secure and protect the wires.

its not rocket science so dont make ur job difficult by over thinking a simple procedure, just remove factory ALT positive wire and replace with bigger cable same for battery ground and frame ground. **** dont relocate factory ground location, just replace the ground wires ****

Have fun and keep doing your research on this forum :) even reading posts from 2010 on this forum is helpful because you can see the "evolution" :)

Archived