Second Skin Audio

Crescendo Contralto 10

McOpCo

At the very least get a cheap scope and multimeter from Harbor Freight, or the like, until you can get quality tools. If you want to go big later on, you'll need them. Makes things so much easier.

this might help the OP and myself at the sametime.... "11 Function Digital Multimeter with Audible Continuity" at harbor freight $23.99.... it says "frequency" that would meen it has an o-scope?...... I never looked at HF for a multimeter because I have a really good one but I figured anything with an o-scope would be out of the price range for them to make a cheap one.... item#61593 and item#37772.... if so I will throw $25 at that and check it out

I believe the line is named after EXO Contralto.

☺️ Appreciate all the advice. I may just bite the bullet. Last question though. So if gain is relative to out from Hu then unless I change head units the gain should stay the same right? Or is that over simplifying.

At the very least get a cheap scope and multimeter from Harbor Freight, or the like, until you can get quality tools. If you want to go big later on, you'll need them. Makes things so much easier.

this might help the OP and myself at the sametime.... "11 Function Digital Multimeter with Audible Continuity" at harbor freight $23.99.... it says "frequency" that would meen it has an o-scope?...... I never looked at HF for a multimeter because I have a really good one but I figured anything with an o-scope would be out of the price range for them to make a cheap one.... item#61593 and item#37772.... if so I will throw $25 at that and check it out
no oscope on it, it will just tell you the frequency. Put the probes in a wall socket, you will read 60hz. Put it on your amp while running a tone, well, you're gonna know what tone you're playing if you didn't already. My Klein DMM has the same feature.

☺️ Appreciate all the advice. I may just bite the bullet. Last question though. So if gain is relative to out from Hu then unless I change head units the gain should stay the same right? Or is that over simplifying.

:WTFBubble:

No, it is a musical term.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Even if you change HU the gain would stay the same if they have the same output voltage

no, that is not true

Yes it is. If they output the SAME voltage, the gain won't need to be altered.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Even if you change HU the gain would stay the same if they have the same output voltage

no, that is not true

Yes it is. If they output the SAME voltage, the gain won't need to be altered.

just stop, you dont know what you are talking about

Archived