kandiman71874 Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 The joys of running active. I personally have spent over 40+ hours tuning by car with various front stages over time. Its time consuming but worth it in the end generally. Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia Kenwood DNX-893s Audison Bit One Processor 2 Dat 4.125's Sundown Audio SCV-6k Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors 2 Sundown Zv5 12's Lots of Hushmat Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0 2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts 2017 Comp Vehicle 2006 Toyota 4 Runner Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s Audison Bit One HD DSP 4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets Focal Access 6.5 2 ways Sundown Audio Sax-50.4 Sundown Audio Sax-100.4 2 Dc Power 370xp Northstar agm27f Northstar agm65 2 Northstar asmagm 480's 2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's 2 Sundown SCV-7500's All SMD Fuse Holders Shitload Of Sundown 1/0 120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!! 2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals 2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations) 2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL David said: audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby newls1 I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me kingsuv only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass kingsuv you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites
arcaudioman Posted January 30, 2016 Author Report Posted January 30, 2016 I'm still running passive, maybe someday I'll make the switch and give it a shot
3vil Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 Same here. I'm saving up for my 3-way speakers and amplification, then comes glassing the doors and pillars. Next is selecting a DSP and dealing with a new leveling of tuning hassles.
arcaudioman Posted January 31, 2016 Author Report Posted January 31, 2016 Yeah that's when you need a laptop rta to do the listening for you if you want perfection
KiKaZz74 Posted January 31, 2016 Report Posted January 31, 2016 I forget who it is bit they just made a mic you can hook to your phone for doing quick rta work. It'll give you a good idea. I can't remember the company tho. It's a good one tho. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
reedal Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 I forget who it is bit they just made a mic you can hook to your phone for doing quick rta work. It'll give you a good idea. I can't remember the company tho. It's a good one tho.This http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-imm-6-calibrated-measurement-microphone-for-tablets-iphone-ipad-and-android--390-810And a useful app for phones is the AudioTools app (by Andrew Smith) for ~$10? Has lots of different features for that price including RTA, sig gen, FFT, it has an SPL meter (but I don't think it's good for anything over 120dB) plus a few more good add-ons that can be purchased. I think T-fade did a write up on that app and microphone combo. I'll see if I can find it. Edit: Taylor Fade's write up http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193861-great-way-to-spend-20-for-your-system/ SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.