suggestions for tight, hard hitting 6.5 midbass/midrange speakers

akuma4u

Don't waste your money replacing speakers when it's the install that's the issue. You could go buy some utopia be's and it'll still sound like crap. Watch Mark and follow his words

Yoo many ppl here seem to forget that even a cheap driver can sound ok in a proper enclosure. In this case your entire door shell is the enclosure, and you need to put in some work

Don't waste your money replacing speakers when it's the install that's the issue. You could go buy some utopia be's and it'll still sound like crap. Watch Mark and follow his words

yes ive seen this video before several months ago, amazing work, i wish i could find someone in my area to do installs like this!

When you say "you have a coupe" ... Please be more specific. What type of vehicle do you have ???

Also ... You may can look into a single 8 in each door verses multiple drivers ... Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

When you say "you have a coupe" ... Please be more specific. What type of vehicle do you have ???

Also ... You may can look into a single 8 in each door verses multiple drivers ... Just saying

i have a 2010 genesis coupe front and rears take 6.5s one in each door, doubt 8s will fit unless i make new brackets, but rears would be very hard to fit 8s due to the design its very tight back there. when you say doing single 8s in each door do you mean to have the 8s in the front L and R door and nothing in the rear?

I'd focus on the front doors and deal with the rears if needed

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Midbass- JL Audio ZR true midbass.

dont spend money on big names then you recommend 1000 dollar JL speakers lol

dont know if im ready to drop THAT much on JL

honestly, my research has led me to believe that crescendo PWX 6.5s are the best midbass speaker for the money... i may just get 4 of those

still looking into other options as well..

Crescendo is no midbass you have midrange and midbass thinking they are the same. Crescendos are for 2way set up. Not a midbass at all.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Ok here is where I'm confused. Subs are crossed over at 80hz so mids should pick up from 80 and up. But when I research these midbass/midrange speakers, their frequency ranges start some at 40-45hz and up, 50hz and up, 80hz and up, 100hz and up, etc.

So the pioneer ones start from 50 and up but if your subs are crossed at 80 wouldn't this cause cancellation? Would that make the crescendo ones which start from 80and up the better choice?

What frequencies does sub bass, mid bass and mid range actually cover? It seems like the sub bass is taking care of a good portion of midbass already.

Ok here is where I'm confused. Subs are crossed over at 80hz so mids should pick up from 80 and up. But when I research these midbass/midrange speakers, their frequency ranges start some at 40-45hz and up, 50hz and up, 80hz and up, 100hz and up, etc.

So the pioneer ones start from 50 and up but if your subs are crossed at 80 wouldn't this cause cancellation? Would that make the crescendo ones which start from 80and up the better choice?

What frequencies does sub bass, mid bass and mid range actually cover? It seems like the sub bass is taking care of a good portion of midbass already.

Just because a speaker has a frequency response from this frequency to that frequency doesn't mean you have to use the entire range. That's where crossovers come in to play. Personally, I don't care much for my subs being crossed any higher than 80hz. I keep them crossed at 63 because that is my preference. You can google the musical frequency spectrum and find the answer for what frequencies are considered sub bass, bass, mid bass, mid range, etc.... So if you low pass filter your subs at 80hz, then you can high pass filter your mid bass at 80hz, even if the mid bass has a response down to 50hz.

Yes I understand that, but as soccerballz said the crescendos are not midbass speakers yet he sent to link for some pioneers that he says are. If you are crossing over at 80hz then how are the crescendo NOT midbass drivers? Other than a power handling difference (crescendo actually handle more) they are going to be delivering the same freq output. Am I right? Or am I missing something here?

Archived