4 8" Infinity reference, Custom Folded Horn, iNuke1000dsp *With Pics now!*

Very nice! I have been thinking about getting that Inuke myself. What are you going to use to match the signal level coming from your stereo source?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Very nice! I have been thinking about getting that Inuke myself. What are you going to use to match the signal level coming from your stereo source?

uh... youve got me one that one. i had planned to wire it straight from the source to the amp. is that not good?

uh... youve got me one that one. i had planned to wire it straight from the source to the amp. is that not good?

pro audio usually use +4dB line in I think. Whereas consumer products use 2.83v or 1v = 0dB or -10dB...something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level

500px-Line_levels.svg.png

nice! looking good. What did you use to model it with? Hornresp or somethin?

actually Triticum modeled it for me, not sure what program he used but heres the response results

5q23dAl.png

damn thats a lot of output down low! nice, time to break out the space shuttle launch tracks :)

You will need something like the Rolls Promatch MB15b. I tried to put the link for Parts Express but my tablet is acting goofy. Basically your home RCA out and most car audio has the signal only on the center conductor and the shield is a reference. Coax wire is used. DJ and pro sound uses a double ended approach where the signal is + on center and - on outer. Half the signal on center and other half of signal on outer. This is where the twisted pair comes from and is incorrectly used in car audio. So if you plug your home RCA into DJ amp then the amp will only get half of the signal it needs and output will be low.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

You will need something like the Rolls Promatch MB15b. I tried to put the link for Parts Express but my tablet is acting goofy. Basically your home RCA out and most car audio has the signal only on the center conductor and the shield is a reference. Coax wire is used. DJ and pro sound uses a double ended approach where the signal is + on center and - on outer. Half the signal on center and other half of signal on outer. This is where the twisted pair comes from and is incorrectly used in car audio. So if you plug your home RCA into DJ amp then the amp will only get half of the signal it needs and output will be low.

No. You are over complicating things.

The iNukes are meant to take a balanced input (which is what you are describing), but they will take an unbalanced signal just fine. You just don't get the interference blocking benefits of the balanced signal. Its rarely an issue anyway.

I've got an iNuke and I have friends that have them too. You can go right out of your AV receiver without any converters required. I play mine off my phone for that matter.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

well thanks for that! ill go buy one now

Archived