Diamondboxx sounds better than my hertz comps

Cwallaker

You don't need to do ported doors to get the performance you want.

I will put my doors infinite baffle up against the diamond box.... But I do have a shit ton of work in my doors making mounting rings for the most solid no flex mounting surface

possible layers of second skin on top and bottom of close cell and open cell foam behind the speaker on the door skin to kill the back wave and tons os second skin on the door panel its self and all around the mounting ring to

I need to try stepping up my install like that first . I suppose that's going to be easier than trying to build ported pods .

There is a ton of engeering the diamondboxx. Tony and Juan aren't messing around. And yes I love my diamondboxx :)

It's amazing what they have done with $30 worth of speakers .

I'll admit I havent heard the Diamonboxx yet but I will eventually. However, I dont think thats giving them credit. I dont necessarily think theyre using $30 speakers lol. Gotta give them more credit than that! :)

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

Lol indeed, that's a bit unfair.

It's still impressive though, but more knowledge equals less money for a certain performance point.

Price of raw drivers would be <100$, could even be half that in larger quantities.

2x Dayton ND140

2x Dayton ND25TA

But it's just unfair to 'judge' based on that. Anyone with business knowledge or market involvement knows.

If you'd look at the BoM cost of some high-end floorstanders for example you'd feel robbed. It's not uncommon to be 1/10th*market price.

If anything, Tony's BoM will be much closer to market price than most stuff because he sells directly and doesn't have a big team.

To get back on topic:

Go read and learn as much as you can. The more you learn the less money you'll have to spend on your build.

It's amazing how much you can do with little money. It's also a lot of fun to be able to predict things.

'The box is more important than the driver' is said a lot in the Subwoofer section, but it's also true (to a lesser extent, but still) for door speakers.

Dayton audio even the parts express reference mids are pretty freaking good for there price I have played with both and was really impressed with them

back that up with a great install and they are awesome price tag does not always mean quality/junk

I can put a pyle pro mid in a box slap 1000 dollar price tag on it and it will still be shit

then put a dayton audio in a box with a 50 dollar price tag and be quality but you have those people that would still buy

the pyle pro thinking that it would be better quality then the dayton because of the price tag

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Lol indeed, that's a bit unfair.

It's still impressive though, but more knowledge equals less money for a certain performance point.

Price of raw drivers would be <100$, could even be half that in larger quantities.

2x Dayton ND140

2x Dayton ND25TA

But it's just unfair to 'judge' based on that. Anyone with business knowledge or market involvement knows.

If you'd look at the BoM cost of some high-end floorstanders for example you'd feel robbed. It's not uncommon to be 1/10th*market price.

If anything, Tony's BoM will be much closer to market price than most stuff because he sells directly and doesn't have a big team.

To get back on topic:

Go read and learn as much as you can. The more you learn the less money you'll have to spend on your build.

It's amazing how much you can do with little money. It's also a lot of fun to be able to predict things.

'The box is more important than the driver' is said a lot in the Subwoofer section, but it's also true (to a lesser extent, but still) for door speakers.

treat your mids like you would subs its all in the install

Shit .. I guess I was light on my estimate. Either way I know I can make the hertz perform like they are capable of with a proper install . I need to get busy.

I'm a total noob in car audio but, I'm jumping in with both feet , and learning as I go . Thanks in advance for any advice , or criticism along the way .

Oh ya install it correctly first before you start doing crazy fabrication... you still might want ported door pods after a better installation but this way you have the chance to make that

decision before jumping into some major fab work

I had a buddy with a 3 way MB quart set up in a camaro the mid bass SUCKED! flapped around bottomed out with very little power did not sound good... he thought it was the speakers and wanted to try something different I traded him for a set of speakers I had and installed that 3 way set in my car... I then took it him to let him hear it..

man I wish I was taking video when this happen you could see it in his face insta not happy as I had so much midbass and sounded so much better in my car so much so I had to cut midbass way back... with the speakers that came out of his car that sounded like ASS and had no midbass what so ever. He looked at me and said these speakers have never ever

been close to sounding like that in my car... we both go complete over kill on our doors now

^^^ yuck lol.... would only use to pretty water damage to speaker... now if you cover that in a layer of some deadening maybe it can act like a "very" small box for the mid

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived