ModestDb Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 I sold my Memphis Mojo 15" when I moved on to a car with less space and because it was too nice of condition to vibrate it apart. Now I've got the itch to put a "little" bass back in the trunk without sacrificing much space for a box. I'm considering something like VFL 8". I would do Sundown SA8 but they're a lot more money in comparison. So should I go with two 8" subs for a little bump in the trunk or maybe a single 10" or 12"? I don't want to upgrade my factory electrical so whatever I go with should require less than 1k watts. Those two 8" subs would put me at needing 800 watts give or take some. Thoughts? To 8" or not to 8"...THAT is the question. 4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm 32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator
MrSkippyJ Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 I see no problem with 8" subs. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
aculous Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 I'm about to run two 8"s. I am not a basshead really but I like thick deep bass. I mean if you are looking at cone area two 8"s (all things being equal) be close to what your 15 was putting out.
ModestDb Posted February 18, 2016 Author Report Posted February 18, 2016 Any thoughts on a solid amp to run 800 to 1k watts cleanly? 4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm 32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator
All-Or-Nothing Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 You can get a lot of bump from two 8's. I have ran from 1 to 4 Sundown E8's and those things are some little beasts.
Jhensley209 Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 I have 3 skar audio ma8's in a kerf ported box and it sounds like two 12s. They hit hard as #### and get pretty low
ModestDb Posted February 18, 2016 Author Report Posted February 18, 2016 You can get a lot of bump from two 8's. I have ran from 1 to 4 Sundown E8's and those things are some little beasts. I only knew of the SA8. How do the E8's compare? Anything about them that would make me lean toward getting those instead? 4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm 32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator
ModestDb Posted February 18, 2016 Author Report Posted February 18, 2016 I have 3 skar audio ma8's in a kerf ported box and it sounds like two 12s. They hit hard as #### and get pretty low What amp do you run yours with? 4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm 32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator
stunt_az Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 I WOULD SAY YES WITH THE 8". MY FRIEND AND I RUN A HDS208 ON A ALPINE MRV-M500 ITS A 600RMS AMP. IN A T-LINE BOX AND IT BEATS HARD!!!! 2001 Ford Expedition 2 SA 12's Crescendo 2000 M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB
notorious97200 Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 I mean if you are looking at cone area two 8"s (all things being equal) be close to what your 15 was putting out. You are wrong, Sir. Just by looking you can say 2 8" subs have far far less cone area than 1 15" sub. (Cone area = Pi x R²) 2 8" : 32 xPi 1 15" : 56.25 x Pi so, not far from the double !!! black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.