Second Skin Audio

8" subs or nah?

ModestDb

Can't go wrong with the VFL line with American bass . I got VFL 120.1 amp.

Any experience with the 2680 hybrid I mentioned?

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

tune around 40 for 8 incher u will like it better prolly and it will be louder, if u listen to slowed music u may wana go down to 35 then

Tune for the music you listen too. Nothing wrong with tuning an 8 the same way you would tune an 18.
Yeah I figured the 8 is going to be a bit stiffer than bigger subs are so 32hz might be a bit too low for them (I love bass notes from a 32hz ported enclosure) with rap music. I figure 35 will be tuned low enough for my kind if music but high enough to not be useless for other songs.

You can still play high enough in a proper enclosure tuned to 32. That's what mine is tuned to and I have zero issues with rock music.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I ran 2 8 sundown sd's in a sealed box on 600 watts that sounded very musical. And I ran 2 dc m3 8's on the same amp at 1 ohm that guys at my work could not believe they were 2 8's.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

tune around 40 for 8 incher u will like it better prolly and it will be louder, if u listen to slowed music u may wana go down to 35 then

Tune for the music you listen too. Nothing wrong with tuning an 8 the same way you would tune an 18.
Yeah I figured the 8 is going to be a bit stiffer than bigger subs are so 32hz might be a bit too low for them (I love bass notes from a 32hz ported enclosure) with rap music. I figure 35 will be tuned low enough for my kind if music but high enough to not be useless for other songs.

You can still play high enough in a proper enclosure tuned to 32. That's what mine is tuned to and I have zero issues with rock music.

Yeah I was hoping it wouldn't limit me on my music listening choices. This is good info. Thanks!

Well after a little further research I ordered that American Bass VFL amp to power two VFL 8" subs. I should have the box made by next weekend. I'll let everyone know how this goes, maybe do a full review or something.

Good choice on the VFL amp , will not be disappointed ,that amp can handle .5 ohm just in case u want to add another sud later . That's there top of the line and the only American bass line I would buy.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived