ToNasty Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 I have an ext cab silverado but no rear stage. Take a look towards the end on my build log. Full range and tweets in the a pillar and midbass in the doors. Best I've had yet ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
CleanSierra Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 I know it says 20W, I've seen them take closer to 50W in the real world. They don't NEED much power though to do their job. Remember, they're only 8 ohm. So an amp that puts out 40-50W at 4 ohms per channel, will put out roughly 20-25W at 8 ohms. They are only 1.75" deep and won't stick out in a pillar too bad at all. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
ALPINE408 Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 if you fade out the rear pillars until they are barley on it will trick you into thinking you have a high stage My buddy kimo does this in his silvardo it really makes it sound like you have speakers in the dash but thats just a quick trick he did end up building pods in the corner of the A piller for mote true SQ set up if you do a 3 way set the 3 or 4" speakers dont need a ton of power xovered correctly those speakers should only be reproducing sound from around 500hz to 5k hz I have also ran these they are 4 ohm and I liked them a lot http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs100-4-4-reference-full-range-driver-4-ohm--295-378 Have you ever had your woofers blown?
CleanSierra Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 ^^^I almost pulled the trigger on those but decided against since they were 4 ohm and didn't want to overpower them. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
RyanRosier Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 if you fade out the rear pillars until they are barley on it will trick you into thinking you have a high stage My buddy kimo does this in his silvardo it really makes it sound like you have speakers in the dash but thats just a quick trick he did end up building pods in the corner of the A piller for mote true SQ set up if you do a 3 way set the 3 or 4" speakers dont need a ton of power xovered correctly those speakers should only be reproducing sound from around 500hz to 5k hz I have also ran these they are 4 ohm and I liked them a lot http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs100-4-4-reference-full-range-driver-4-ohm--295-378 Do you prefer coaxil or components? 2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.
RyanRosier Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 I know it says 20W, I've seen them take closer to 50W in the real world. They don't NEED much power though to do their job. Remember, they're only 8 ohm. So an amp that puts out 40-50W at 4 ohms per channel, will put out roughly 20-25W at 8 ohms. They are only 1.75" deep and won't stick out in a pillar too bad at all. So you wouldnt bridge them on an amp is what you're saying? lol 2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.
ToNasty Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 I'm pretty sure alpine hasn't used coaxials since high school ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 There is nothing wrong with coaxials, they can actually be beneficial for Sq setups. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
RyanRosier Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 ^^^I almost pulled the trigger on those but decided against since they were 4 ohm and didn't want to overpower them. So if I order what you showed me, (probably will) what do I do about tweets? 2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 What's your budget for the tweets? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.