Jump to content

Sound staging in a Regular Cab


RyanRosier

Recommended Posts

Posted

OP, this is the PPI set that bilz and other member recommend. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76162_Precision-Power-PPI-P65c3.html

The speakers that he is using in the picture he posted are Hybrid Audio Legatias. Just the 3" full range on his pillar costs a little more than the PPI component set.

Here is another 3-way set that some members have recommended in the past http://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/p_091165AS3/Focal-Performance-165AS3.html

You may have already answered this, but are you planning on running the 3-way set active or passive? Your last post makes it seem like active since you mentioned separate amplifiers for the mid and tweet on the pillar.

Honestly, I've grown up my whole life hearing mids and highs are always gonna blow, no matter what. They'll become distorted within a year to six months and that's just how it goes. I go and drop the $$$ on those PPI and put their recommened RMS power to them, how long will they last. Because I've lived on the "Spend cheap enough that way when they blow you can just replace them, dont buy super cheap junk but nothing that will break the bank." Like thats what I've grown up on

who ever drilled that nonsense in your head should be shot I got some mids in highs I use to this day that I put money on are older than you

still sound just as good today as it did 20+ years ago

Haha, well I honestly dont know how to decide. The Focals look sick as do the PPI. What would you choose?

well being that I have the PPI set......

I already chose them lol

Lol well great! Tell me who can glass up some A pillars? Im willing to ship my to someone at my expense to have it done. I just dont quite frankily believe I can handle doing it on my own :( Soooo, might slip a couple bucks in the box as well.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Posted

Well I can tell you no one would do it for free so you'd for sure have to throw money in the box.

Just give it a go on your own, if nothing else it's a learning experience.

Worst case scenario you have to start over.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Well I can tell you no one would do it for free so you'd for sure have to throw money in the box.

Just give it a go on your own, if nothing else it's a learning experience.

Worst case scenario you have to start over.

Ya I know that, was mainly hoping to spark some interest from someone.

I'm just worried I'm gonna trash em and like have some sucky lookin stuff, then have to buy all new materials and A pillars ya know?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Posted

PPI is coming out with a 2 way set in that series

you dont have to go 3 ways I prefer 3 ways but I also prefer SQ systems now a days

there are bunch of great 2 way sets with passive cross overs

or make dash pods out of wood try your hand at fiberglass on the pods

with dash pods if you screw up you can throw the pod away and start over vs destroying your pillars

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1088 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...