ALPINE408 Posted March 8, 2016 Report Posted March 8, 2016 that hurts its from trying to over drive them in that sealed box I still say new box fire subs forward once the subs are fixed... you could just CA glue the surronds down Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Amart88 Posted March 8, 2016 Author Report Posted March 8, 2016 that hurts its from trying to over drive them in that sealed box I still say new box fire subs forward once the subs are fixed... you could just CA glue the surronds down I don't think it was from overdriving them. Looks to me like when the screws were tightened, they pushed on the CA and shattered it. I mean, the surround in not completely apart, but it is seperated around 3 screw holes. could slide a small flat head through if you tried. I cant lift it and see through though. I'll see what Fi says, if all else fails. Maybe I can get some 5 min 2 part epoxy and touch up the spots. Edit: I'm playing with some new ideas in the mean time. Def a new box. Either trying like you said with firing forward, ported or a 4th. Just really don't want to lose the rear seat unless it's my only option. I was wondering if they would act the same in a 4th because it is still a sealed section. If i do that or the front firing, I can get more airspace if that would help. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
ALPINE408 Posted March 8, 2016 Report Posted March 8, 2016 CA glue is the same glue sub manufactures use to make there subs it can be found at any hobbie shop for surrounds use the rubberized CA glue its the same glue RC people use to glue on there tires and the front firing box I suggested would still be under the seat. I wish I had a pic of my buddies silvardo under seat box with the subs firing forward so you can see what I am talking about has some good output with subs no where near as good as FI anythings lol Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Jhunt94 Posted March 8, 2016 Report Posted March 8, 2016 To OP I know different sub option is probably out of the question since you already have 2 10's, but you would be amazed at output from 4 8's in a ported box firing forward under the rear seat. Also I had a Fi Q 15 with the high qts in a sealed box, and I think I know the sound you are talking about. My sub would do it sometimes, but only on certain songs. My problem was a little different though. I had the sub in a box that was about 1.5 cubes larger than recommended specs, along with a crap load of poly fill. The sub would make the same sound that a sub playing way below tuning in a ported box. I took out all of the poly fill and it pretty much fixed my problem, so it was that the box was a little too big. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
scooter99 Posted March 8, 2016 Report Posted March 8, 2016 Just out of curiosity, Alpine, Triticum, what if he turned down the gain a bit on the amp. If he's peaking too early when turning it up, he'd be driving them a bit too hard right? If he gained down, wouldn't that sort of even it up, for lack of a better term. He'd hit the peak much later than he is, without over driving the set up. I don't recall what he's wired at, but just looking at the specs, they're only 1ohm and 2ohm drivers listed on Fi's site. So he's either wired at 1ohm or 4ohms, or he's wired at .5, 2ohms or 8ohms. But if he's wired at 1ohm, he's getting 1000+ watts to each sub that's rated at 1000 watts rms. Maybe less is more in this situation I guess is what I'm asking? Another question I have is with all of the options, is it possible that he got the wrong subs? Again, referencing the Fi site he's able to choose: High QTS: This option is for users who intend on using the subwoofer in only a sealed enclosure. Low QTS: This option is for users who intend on using the subwoofer in only ported enclosures. ready to learn. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Jhunt94 Posted March 8, 2016 Report Posted March 8, 2016 Hmmm didn't think about that. What if he did get the wrong subs? Is there any way to tell by looking at it? 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Amart88 Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 Just out of curiosity, Alpine, Triticum, what if he turned down the gain a bit on the amp. If he's peaking too early when turning it up, he'd be driving them a bit too hard right? If he gained down, wouldn't that sort of even it up, for lack of a better term. He'd hit the peak much later than he is, without over driving the set up. I don't recall what he's wired at, but just looking at the specs, they're only 1ohm and 2ohm drivers listed on Fi's site. So he's either wired at 1ohm or 4ohms, or he's wired at .5, 2ohms or 8ohms. But if he's wired at 1ohm, he's getting 1000+ watts to each sub that's rated at 1000 watts rms. Maybe less is more in this situation I guess is what I'm asking? Another question I have is with all of the options, is it possible that he got the wrong subs? Again, referencing the Fi site he's able to choose: High QTS: This option is for users who intend on using the subwoofer in only a sealed enclosure. Low QTS: This option is for users who intend on using the subwoofer in only ported enclosures. ready to learn. Got Dual 1's. Wired to 1 ohm. 1000w each. I have the High qts. it had something in the product numbers in tht ebox or order that said high qts. or something like that. Now, I have hears that Fi has told people the high CAN work in a ported box just fine. so i don't know. not sure how much difference the high qts makes in the subwooders specs. coun;dn't find any numbers. I'm really in here to learn also. Live, learn move on. I just want to do something that works. and has the output I want from the 10's. This site is my lifeline at times lol. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
BoomZoom808 Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 Just out of curiosity, Alpine, Triticum, what if he turned down the gain a bit on the amp. If he's peaking too early when turning it up, he'd be driving them a bit too hard right? If he gained down, wouldn't that sort of even it up, for lack of a better term. He'd hit the peak much later than he is, without over driving the set up. I don't recall what he's wired at, but just looking at the specs, they're only 1ohm and 2ohm drivers listed on Fi's site. So he's either wired at 1ohm or 4ohms, or he's wired at .5, 2ohms or 8ohms. But if he's wired at 1ohm, he's getting 1000+ watts to each sub that's rated at 1000 watts rms. Maybe less is more in this situation I guess is what I'm asking? Another question I have is with all of the options, is it possible that he got the wrong subs? Again, referencing the Fi site he's able to choose: High QTS: This option is for users who intend on using the subwoofer in only a sealed enclosure. Low QTS: This option is for users who intend on using the subwoofer in only ported enclosures. ready to learn. Got Dual 1's. Wired to 1 ohm. 1000w each. I have the High qts. it had something in the product numbers in tht ebox or order that said high qts. or something like that. Now, I have hears that Fi has told people the high CAN work in a ported box just fine. so i don't know. not sure how much difference the high qts makes in the subwooders specs. coun;dn't find any numbers. I'm really in here to learn also. Live, learn move on. I just want to do something that works. and has the output I want from the 10's. This site is my lifeline at times lol. In my experience when I put some subs with high QTS in a ported box they tend to Ring on high bass notes, the resonance is pretty bad around 100hz I was using PPI Pro's with a QTS of .91 and I was experiencing the same thing when they were sealed. I felt like I had no low but higher notes were fine. I had the space so I put them in a ported box and they sounded fine in a ported box besides being the resonance on some songs with high notes. I am sure a lower tuning would help that though. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 Got Dual 1's. Wired to 1 ohm. 1000w each. I have the High qts. it had something in the product numbers in tht ebox or order that said high qts. or something like that. Now, I have hears that Fi has told people the high CAN work in a ported box just fine. so i don't know. not sure how much difference the high qts makes in the subwooders specs. coun;dn't find any numbers. I'm really in here to learn also. Live, learn move on. I just want to do something that works. and has the output I want from the 10's. This site is my lifeline at times lol. Compared to a low QTS sub, a high QTS sub can work in a ported box, the box will just need to be bigger and low end output won't be as good. As far as I know though, high QTS FI subs still don't have THAT high of QTS, so the sub should be OK in a ported box, it just won't be ideal. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Amart88 Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 Got Dual 1's. Wired to 1 ohm. 1000w each. I have the High qts. it had something in the product numbers in tht ebox or order that said high qts. or something like that. Now, I have hears that Fi has told people the high CAN work in a ported box just fine. so i don't know. not sure how much difference the high qts makes in the subwooders specs. coun;dn't find any numbers. I'm really in here to learn also. Live, learn move on. I just want to do something that works. and has the output I want from the 10's. This site is my lifeline at times lol. Compared to a low QTS sub, a high QTS sub can work in a ported box, the box will just need to be bigger and low end output won't be as good. As far as I know though, high QTS FI subs still don't have THAT high of QTS, so the sub should be OK in a ported box, it just won't be ideal. Hey guys, what do you think of this design idea a sketched up earlier. rear center console ported. Should have plenty of airspace, not calculated yet. throwing around ideas. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.