Could I get away with running a AQ 2200.1 on a Factory 145amp Chevy Alt (on my 03 Silverado and came from a Tahoe) and like just a regular brand new Super Start? Biggest one they had tho loll Also got a cap in the back butttttt, yeah. 1/0 OFC Sky High all the way. Is it do able? Big 3 Three done as well. Or do I need some more power somewhere

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

It should do fine with a second group31 Batt. What ohm load are you going to wire to?

Just my 2 cents, but personally if i was planning to run that board at 1 ohm i'd get an alt first. Mechman sell a 240a g-series alt for that truck for around $100 less than that amp costs. Of the amplifiers running that board the AQ probably has the lowest grade capacitors, something to consider if you aren't going to be able to feed it the kind of power it wants. I seem to recall it being against forum rules to list alternative amplifier options, so just do your homework and make sure the AQ one is the one you want.

The system in my TB started like yours, but with half the power. I had a 145a AD244 and a matching everstart maxx battery. At half the power you'd be trying to pull i had serious power supply chain issue. IMO, trying to run that amp on your stock electrical will most likely kill your battery and alternator.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Just my 2 cents, but personally if i was planning to run that board at 1 ohm i'd get an alt first. Mechman sell a 240a g-series alt for that truck for around $100 less than that amp costs. Of the amplifiers running that board the AQ probably has the lowest grade capacitors, something to consider if you aren't going to be able to feed it the kind of power it wants. I seem to recall it being against forum rules to list alternative amplifier options, so just do your homework and make sure the AQ one is the one you want.

The system in my TB started like yours, but with half the power. I had a 145a AD244 and a matching everstart maxx battery. At half the power you'd be trying to pull i had serious power supply chain issue. IMO, trying to run that amp on your stock electrical will most likely kill your battery and alternator.

I would be running it at 1 ohm. I don't believe that was the rules tho, I think you might be thinking of no versus threads, nothing wrong is with a comparison right lol, or weighing the proos and cons of the amp and other amp.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I had 138Ah of xs batteries and a 100A alt, big 3 done. didn't drop below 13.1v

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I had 138Ah of xs batteries and a 100A alt, big 3 done. didn't drop below 13.1v

Them batts be working good.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm