Second Skin Audio

NOT A VS THREAD!

Reedal, I hate to be that guy, but I'm a visual learner :/ I think I get the idea, but I'd need to see it before I bit the bullet and went for it. Also, yes, I'd like to be able to fold the seats up when needed, and use the trunk somewhat functionally lol the wife would kill me if I came home with a completely useless trunk! ;)

First thing I would do in order to decide on what setup to use, is figure out how much trunk space you want to be able to use for groceries and such, and lay some painters tape down to line it off. Then take height, width, and length measurements of everything forward of that where you want the enclosure and amplifier to be. That will help decide how much space you have and what size subwoofers will fit in that available space. Until you do that, no one will really be able to help you decide on subs in my opinion. No sense in buying two 12's only to find out that with the amount of trunk space you want to use, only two 8's or 10's will fit. Right?

After you've come to an agreement with how much space you want to use, match the amount of airspace that will be available inside of the enclosure to what subwoofers will perform best in there.

There are a couple different sealed trunk build logs on this forum, as well as other forums I'm sure. Do some searching, get some ideas for sealing off. Maybe someone has done a sealed trunk build with the same car as you

Well, for wow factor...I listened to a single DD Z 18 in a crx on 30,000w. That was insane, and then i got to hear that guy's 8. I was impressed with his lows, but not his volume. The last setup I had was 2 El cheapo kenwood 12's on MAYBE 300w. Before that, a sundown e15 on maybe 200w. I'm looking to blow that old stuff out of the water, and I know I won't touch that 18 I heard.

I use WOW as a high middle ground... any system that takes air from your lungs because it is there and the sub wants it is well beyond wow and is more in the fucking nuts category..... systems I see if done with a clean install and hit mid 40's still gets the wow vote from me.... i haven't sat in many 50's cars and never a 60..... if your bar is set high then doing the basic single sub setup on 1k is going to sit in the 40's and most kids these days think anything under 150 is not "loud"

Sounds like you could get away with doing a cheaper sub then. Like Reedal said above I would lay it out in your trunk to see how much space you have then report back so you can get guidance on where to go.

Unless your competing I wouldn't even Go into numbers. I'm pretty sure your just seeking to be loud by the ear not the meter. Keep doing your research and learning people get what they want from hard work, trial and error, and knowledge. Every vehicle is different. Research builds with same or similar vehicle. Research your equipment good for musical daily lows.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

DD 3500 series 12 , U won't be dissapointed.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived