Already burned 2 head units need help

So I am trying to put a head unit in a 87 bronco.

First one I wired up just the negative, battery, and memory wires and tried to turn on nothing happened so I tried it straight to a car battery and it wouldn't turn on I am 100 percent sure it worked before this but figured it must have given out due to it being a little older and well used. I'm really upset as it belonged to my best friend who passed away and I would never sell it with any of the vehicles I sold when they left the player stayed with me.

Anyways in an attemp to cheer myself up I went to wally world and bought a cheapy deck came home wired up all the harnesses then plugged them in and... To my surprise the display lit up for a split 2nd and then nothing. So I bench tested and again nothing. I checked fuses first deck had 3 none blown 2nd had a single fuse it wasn't blown I checked the vehicle radio fuse it was fine. Checked my wiring it was good. Checked wiring at factory harness it was cool too. What should I do next.

Is your battery connected backwards? The Walmart radio might have been a dud. Return it and get another then bench test it first. Dim going crazy with key on? Maybe try a test light to verify voltage?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Are you using the factory ground? It may not b grounded well enough for your units. U say you have no power from the constant power wire? Sounds like a break or short in the wire maybe also. Run your own constant and ignition wires from the fuse panel. Make sure to fuse them. Dont forget to rewire your ground also.

What you should do next is take it to a professional installer.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Lol fuck that I don't trust any shop around here to work on my shit.

I am going to run a new fused constant wire today. I figured out the problem with the decks not turning on they weren't grounding out for some reason. I am going to fix any wiring that needs it I think the short is in switched wire not the constant.

Is your battery connected backwards? The Walmart radio might have been a dud. Return it and get another then bench test it first. Dim going crazy with key on? Maybe try a test light to verify voltage?

Na battery was good. The multimeter was giving crazy readings and jumping around on the switched wire with the key on. So I'm figuring I have a short in it or it's grounding out somewhere. The problem with the decks was with them not grounding out thank God my old deck was not burned up.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Fucking best me to it. This is by far the simplest thing to do and you've screwed it up more than once. Take it to someone who can use a multimeter at the very least

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived