Sonic Electronix

Upgrading system - What else do I need?

Hello, So a little over a year ago I got my feet wet with building my own system up. Its a baby but like I said I was getting my feet wet.

Right now I have 2 Sundown Ev2 12's running on a 1000rms ppi amp in a ported trunk box designed for SA12s @ 1ohm. I can get my mirrors to shake but I'm ready to vibrate my brain.

I'm looking to grab 2 Sundown SA12s and a Skar 1500 for my upgrade.

My car is a 2000 Grand Marquis which has a stock 130amp alternator. I havn't had any problems so far as far as dimming but then again I'm only on 1000rms, which to be honest I doubt is even the true rating since its a cheapo amp.

My engine bay battery is the biggest I could find at the time and just going off of memory, its 850 ca/cca? somewhere in that range.

I also have 4gauge knukonceptz wire ran for the ground and power with inline fuse.

So I told you that to ask you this: Do I need anything else for what I'm looking to do? For example: Dry cell in the trunk etc.

I would at least do an alternator. A 250a at least. Second thing I would do is a battery in the back.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

PPI good amp. Go bigger then 1500 watts you will be disappointed at 1500. Next year you will be buying a bigger amp to replace the Skar 1500. I would look at 2000watts and above. 500 more watts on bass joke. Go bigger on amp for sure.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I'd start with big 3 and a second battery , SA' s are way under ratted in power I'd put aleast 2k to those bad boys and then if u notice dimming upgrade alt . Alt is just a big expense unless u know your gonna go bigger in the future witch we all do and u got a big ass trunk in that car ,always think toward the future.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

You guys are right, I got too focused on seeing the skar and Sundown amps overperforming that I just set my eyes on the 1500. I like the way the 2ks look also, big ol sum bitch compared to mine.

I do have my eyes set on a skar or sundown amp. What models would you guys recommend? For example on the skars there are rp,lp,sk series etc I'm assuming it's T series I need right?

Archived