Bad wire choice i believe..... And options?

Ok I ran across a "deal" on some wire. I paid $1.80 shipped on 25' of new Monster OFC 1/0 wire. I got it because I'm slowly upgrading things and I jumped on it to do my big 3. Now after looking at the strand count(3780) I see that there is better out there. My question is :

A) use this for big 3

B) if I have enough do 2 runs for big 3

C) try to get rid of it and get something else

Any answers or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Still learning but have started gathering.

big 3 is short runs and can handle well over 300amps of current on those short runs you are fine

you can also use it for your main runs its OFC it is good wire strand count is not everything

that was not a bad wire choice even more so for that price

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Thanks guys. I was kind of worried. Only running about 1 k right now but big 3 can't hurt. Also I will be upgrading in the future so I wanted to go ahead and get this done when I saw the price.

I wouldnt worry about it, use it for the Big 3 AND your power and ground. Its plenty adequate, usually you base your power and ground wire wire size by wattage and distance, just like speaker wire. My opinion is that the monster OFC 1/0 is plenty good for 3500 RMS out to 15-20ft.

You will be fine good deal on that wire.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Do they run a plastic core through the middle of the wire like they do with their speaker wire?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived