Second Skin Audio

Got 50 sg ft and gonna do all my doors my question is I have those boom mat pods on all my mids right now , do I throw them in the trash , cut a hole in them or just leave them alone, kinda like them for keeping moisture out.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Need a little help here guys what's up

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Am I gonna lose any sound quality by removing my pods that's what I'm affraid of right now I love my mids. What's sade is there's threads about how to do the big 3 and I got got no answers on this ? .

Edited by Ron36

Those pods aren't helping your sound quality they are hurting it.

If you have so much moisture in your doors that you are concerned it will damage your speakers you have other issues you need to deal with.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thank you for a real answer got no moisture problems just want to no about theses stupid pods I see some people hate them I've never heard my mids without them and right now I think my mids are loud so kind of scared of change but I have seen people hate them here just looking for a good reason to get rid of them and not have to keep removing my door panels.

I feel that if you properly treated your doors, ie: dampener, ccf, and mlv, you'd be surprised at how little those foam cups were actually doing to "improve" your sound.

That being said, I've seen builds where people well cut those pods in half and place them over the tops of the speakers to prevent and drips/run off that may come down and damage the speaker.

Edited by 3vil

The door speakers need the whole volume of the door to work properly. By using the baffles you effectively prevent the speaker from playing any low notes including some of the lower mid range / upper bass. Remove them or cut the back out and you will notice a big difference.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Thanks guys I'm gonna cut the pods just to keep the very top part to deflect moisture , I've seen on this site pretty much nobody likes them I was just very happy with my mids and afraid to change anything

Like the forum members said work around them or take them off, remember with the CLD layer you only need 60% coverage to get 90% of the vibration noise controlled, so working around stuff is not going to be a problem. We personally do 100% coverage when doing private installs so we don't have to return back inside those areas to treat a small problem spot we may have missed, but the science says 60% coverage gets you 90% effectiveness. We don't really work with these pods you are speaking of, so we have no input on the usefulness of those, but once Damplifier Pro is sealed to the metal it will form a water tight barrier also.

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png