Sonic Electronix

Need help with setting gains and rca voltage

I just want to see if there is a work around to the one I bought since I dont feel like paying 800 or more for a headunit that will do about the same as this one from amazon.

this is the headunit I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Universal-Muti-touch-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B0151KNXJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460524467&sr=8-1&keywords=android+double+din

If you cant get the dd-1 to detect the 40hz track when the dd-1 is hooked up to the speaker outputs of the amp with the gain all the way up chances are there is something wrong with that "pumpkin" or whatever brand radio.

Clearly you can not make the assumption of their being no distortion if the meter is not even picking up the 40hz track.

If the amp is going in and out of protect and there is nothing wrong with the amp before this "pumpkin" brand radio I would then again assume something is wrong with the signal being sent to the amp.

Buying a line driver is just going to be a bandaid style fix for the low rca preout voltage, and if the signal coming out of the deck is wacked out, your just going to multiply that bad signal even more thus fixing nothing.

You paid $278 for a no name radio with 1volt preouts, you can get a low end pioneer screen for that and have something of decent reliability.

I would send that thing back asap.

I tested iPods and android phones and tablets and they all put out less than 1 volt and the dd1 does not detect them.

So now I got and installed the line driver and now the dd1 got signal and detected 40hz and then the distortion, so everything is good.I amplified the voltage to 4v at the line driver and so far it seems to work perfect, just that when the battery goes below 9v(bumping loud ignition off) it wants to shut down unless I turn it down but while it gets its 14v the amp work's perfect even at max undistorted volume.

I wanted to try this before giving up because we learn nothing if we give up on the first try or if we don't even try at all.

So now you got a big turn off thump. Now you need to fix the fix. Don't give up on the second try either. Or would this be the first try of the second problem? lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Im just going to try and see if it gives me more problems then i guess it time to move on but atleast i learn something new. Everyone knows different stuff, you guys might be right because you have car audio experience and i dont, but we allchave our strenghts. I work a lot with computers and network security, pen testing and they are not that different just different ways on finding a fix or a weakness.

That's one way to look at it. Another is buy once cry once, instead of trying to do a lot of patches and fixes to make something run properly.

Yeah you are right, this is the only patch im doing if it continues to fail the i will let it go and put my pioneer avh-x1500 back since it never gave me a problem. Just wanted more features.

Do NOT run your equipment on 9v unless you want to replace it very soon.

I tested iPods and android phones and tablets and they all put out less than 1 volt and the dd1 does not detect them.

So now I got and installed the line driver and now the dd1 got signal and detected 40hz and then the distortion, so everything is good.I amplified the voltage to 4v at the line driver and so far it seems to work perfect, just that when the battery goes below 9v(bumping loud ignition off) it wants to shut down unless I turn it down but while it gets its 14v the amp work's perfect even at max undistorted volume.
I wanted to try this before giving up because we learn nothing if we give up on the first try or if we don't even try at all.

:shok:

So after this problem I figured that the problem was not the headunit because I switched back and the amp still goes into protect mode even with the old setup I had. The problem is the amp it keeps going into protect mode when in acc but once I start the engine it doesnt.

Why does it go into protect mode when in acc?

I would say the biggest problem is you're trying to play your system at full volume with the car off and your letting the voltage drop to 9V??!! That's not good at all! Your gonna damage your system doing that!

So after this problem I figured that the problem was not the headunit because I switched back and the amp still goes into protect mode even with the old setup I had. The problem is the amp it keeps going into protect mode when in acc but once I start the engine it doesnt.

Why does it go into protect mode when in acc?

Archived