Sonic Electronix

Need help with setting gains and rca voltage

So after this problem I figured that the problem was not the headunit because I switched back and the amp still goes into protect mode even with the old setup I had. The problem is the amp it keeps going into protect mode when in acc but once I start the engine it doesnt.

Why does it go into protect mode when in acc?

because it takes power to make power and when the power drops below 12vdc the amp is not very efficient and soon it will do other things like overheat from working too hard on low power and pop internal components....most people stop pushing their stuff when voltage drops below 12 not 9.... keep doing it and a new amp will be in your future..... you must have a really weak electrical system

The problem is the amp, even if I just play it at a low volume it goes into protect mode after some time, while I drive it or have the engine running its fine but sometimes it cuts out for half a second. Could it have been because I raised the gain all the way up, but I did not even play it at all, maybe 5 minutes total and then I found out I needed a line driver.

Gain all the way up on 9vdc. Wow I hope it wasn't an expensive amp.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Smokey619, you don't need any new equipment. You need an education in electronics. More specifically, mobile electronics. Stop playing with your engine not running. If your engine is running, then your alt is charging the battery, meaning your voltage stays up, meaning you will not go into low voltage protect. You don't need a line driver, you need a head unit that is worth something and outputs at the voltage you want. If you want fancy features, find it, if it's too expensive, start saving. If you want to keep playing your system with the engine off, you're going to have nothing but problems with each and every amplifier you buy to replace the broken one before it.

If the voltage is dropping to 9v when the bass hits then you are kicking its butt. This is a good way to kill your amp. Hopefully it won't fry your subs when it goes. You need to upgrade your electrical if you are going to beat on it like that. Otherwise don't turn it up that loud. I like fixing and figuring out things too, but I will go out of my way to avoid causing problems in the process.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived