Second Skin Audio

SSA Evil 15

MrSevs

I just ordered a SSA Evil 15. My current amplifier is a Sundown SCV3000D, which I will use to power it for daily use at 1ohm. I am leaning towards an enclosure of 4cuft after all displacements with a port area of 60-70, tuned to 33hz. Can someone please help and chime in if they feel I should be changing up my box size or port size based on my tuning and power.

Great sub choice

Great amp choice

great box size " 4 - 4.5 cuft after all displacements with a port area of 60-70, tuned to 33hz " You can actually tune 28-32

I see no issues here. Get it built.

Great sub choice

Great amp choice

great box size " 4 - 4.5 cuft after all displacements with a port area of 60-70, tuned to 33hz " You can actually tune 28-32

I see no issues here. Get it built.

Thanks Smoove! This is my first SSA sub so I wanted to make sure I am where I need to be with it.

Moar power

I was tempted to upgrade to an SCV4000D but figured I would stay with my SCV3000D being that it will be for daily use. Who knows though... I just might later on.

Moar power

I was tempted to upgrade to an SCV4000D but figured I would stay with my SCV3000D being that it will be for daily use. Who knows though... I just might later on.

The 3000 is good to start with. The 4000 is a perfect match. I dont know if your on a budget. But if you have the 3k , make it hammer now and get a 4k later.

Just remember even with it only being on a 3k amp you can still smoke that sub.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

MrSevs ^^^^^^^^^^ what he said. your probably gonna want to test your infra/subsonic filter around 24-25 just to be a little safer if your playing boosted tracks. Don't play waaaay below tuning. And make sure gains are set properly

Archived