good welder for a beginner?

I've decided it's time to go back to school, I've always had an interest in learning how to weld and have always enjoyed making things so I think this could be the career for me.

So being that this is the path I'm going to take I'm obviously going to need a welder so that I can practice on my own and I'm clueless on what I should look for in a good welder.

I've been looking at miller's and Lincoln electrics but they both have so many offerings that it's hard to know what to get.

Budget is not set, any and all help or recommendations is much apperciated.

Something that can grow along with my skills would be great.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah but that's peanuts compared to the big rigs.

For sure.

Just saw a used miller maxstar 700 for $3k or best, looked it up and they are $11k new, fuck that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm really liking that 211, has great reviews everywhere and seems like it's pretty versatile.

Archived